Hi, I had some strange symptoms lately, like vertigo, hearing loss and audible respiratory sounds. I told a doctor about that, and he did some tests and diagnosed me with patulous Eustachian tube. I never heard of this disease before. Is anyone else affected by it?

Hi, I don’t have patulous Eustachian tube, but I’ve heard of it several times. This condition is more common in females than males. It can be recognized by some symptoms, such as synchronous with respiration, roaring tinnitus, distorted autophony with echoing and fluctuating aural fullness. There are several methods for diagnosing this disease, for example with impedance audiometry. However, these diagnose methods will not be used if the doctor is not shore that the patient has patulous Eustachian tube. The Eustachian tube is actually a natural ventilator of the middle ear. There is some medicine called "Kami-Kihi-To", or something like that. It helped many people with this condition, so you should consider it. There is also a Bezold method with acid and boric acid insufflation.