My left ear has been making a almost a wind kind of noise for the last 2 months, feels like someone is blowing into my ear; and it's blocked as well. When I listen to music or talk out of that ear it is very sensitive. I went to go see my doctor twice becuase I thought I had an ear infection but he claims it it is my eustachian tube that is blocked, but he can not give me an ETA on when it will clear up. This is very fustrating and scary because I fear that I have tinnitus but cannot differentiate the two, when it is quite the sound intensfies or when I take a shower.

Can someone give me some insight on what they think is going on in my ears??

Health Guru
Hi mike I have tinnitus in my left far that has been caused by a lot me clay pigeon shooting over time and i get like a high pich whistling nearly all the time and also if someone stands to my left and talks to me its very muffled sound.
I have had mine for about 2 years now and as you say as it gets quieter in a room the sound gets louder.
My doctor said he couldn't say for sure what it was but suspected tinnitus and said its something i would have to live with for the rest of my life

ask your PCP to refer you to an ENT person...