I've been having upper abdominal pain for almost a year now. I've been in and out of the ER and doctor's offices, had multiple blood tests and ultrasounds, and everything has come back normal. Other symptoms include burping, nausea, loss of appetite, bloating and pain in the middle of my back. I notice the abdominal pain sometimes after I eat, but mainly at night. Sometimes it will be before I go to bed, then I can't sleep because the pain is so intense. But sometimes it will come in the middle of the night and wake me up, then I can't sleep either. During the night, the pain will radiate over to my right side, right at the bottom of my rib cage. I'm sick of being in pain and the doctors saying that there's nothing wrong with me. Any help or advice that anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I had my gall bladder removed a year ago because of the exact symptoms you are describing. However, I still have the same pain in the same place, accompanied by bloating, belching and naseua after eating. I have had colonoscopy, endoscopy, blood tests, ultrasound and still  have no answers either. Makes no sense to me.

I apologize for not being able to offer a possible cause, just wanted you to know you are not alone. I hope one of us finds out what the problem is, I will share any answers I get with you and wish you the very best of luck.

cardiac evalution may help you 

i am also searching for a diagnosis on the same list of symptoms. It doesnt happen every night,so i do not know what triggers it.some nights the spasms in my upper abdomen makes me vomit. It keeps me up at night,in pain and nothing brings comfort. Almost feels as if it is big blops of gas stuck in your ribs and upper abdomen. Then there is the abnormal belching thats goes along with it?! Doc gave me some meds,said if it doenst work we will do further tests. Hope someone has an answer to this

i am also having the same symptoms lower left abdominal pain that radiates at my middle back that wakes me up at night i feel like im bloated with gas and have some problems with my stool like yellow oily/fatty stool.

I been to a doctor first diagnosis is 2nd degree varicocele in my scrotum put me under meds but no improvement.

I then again visit another doctor diagnosis is fatty liver and abdominal gas distention the put me again on meds and still no improvement.

My doctor schedule me to undergo a colonoscopy hopefully this will get a better diagnosis.

u have a very minor normal problem of muscle.get a new bed and it will be alright.the doctor has no treatment for muscular pain.. it was happened to me .it was alright after changing the bed.

i am having my gallblader removed,seems i have gallstones

I have been having these same symptons on and off since I was about 11, i am now 43.  I have been getting the severe pain under my right rib cage and travelling around to the back, the nausea and vomitting.  I must admit that sometimes the vomitting does ease the pain but can't ever get comfortable and end up laying sat up on the sofa with a couple of pain killers and a hot water bottle.  I have had numerous tests, scans, xrays, ultra sounds but nothing seems to show up.  Think next time I have an attack I'll go straight to A&E and maybe something may show up on a scan or they might know what is causing it just by prodding the area (believe me they won't have to prod hard as I'll shoot through the roof).

Must admit over the past 3 years these attacks have become more frequent but still no doctors can diagnose whats wrong.  I can only say that having lived with these symptons and having my parents sit up half the night with me when I was younger, I have learnt how to manage the pain, I now know the smptons of an oncoming attack but still can't say what triggers it food wise as I have tried so many different diets to assertain what it could be but nothing really seems to trigger it off.

my name is Ben. I am 34 and have had this EXACT problem since i was 5 or 6. When i was 26 my liver started to fail brought on by the same symptoms. Call me and we can talk about this. 920 858 4541 in wisconsin

I would be checked for H-Pylori, which is a bacteria that is digested through foods. I have had it twice and your symptoms sound the same to me. If you let it go too long, you will get ulcers.

Its air in your muscles. Happens when you sweat and go outside And feel the cold on your muscles. If it hurts To stretch out that's what it is. Put icy hot.

I've also have the same symptoms, even as we speak. I've notices that my symptoms are triggered by the food I eat. I have been considerably decreasing the dairy and wheat/grain products I've been eating and my symptoms subsided. Today I happen to eat 2 muffins and some pasta and now I am in the same pain. I suggest being vigilant about the foods you are eat and keep a food diary. Might just help. Good luck!

i am 18 and i have been having this pain since last year. It was so severe during my board exams that i could not sleep at nights for days together. I visited a specialist, he said it may be an ulcer in the small intestine due to stress or/and irregular diet. it lasted for several months during which i had an ultrasound and there was nothing detected. The problem is that the pain is there ONLY at nights. Starts with a dull ache at about 10;30 11 and stays till 5-6 in the morning and then vanishes as if it never were there. Thats why tests can never be taken when you are in pain. Pain killers never work. The pain normally goes after vomiting out everything i eat including the pain killer. I was given some tablets for acidity which i had before breakfast and the 15day course ensured no pain. But once it was done, the pain starts again in a few days. There was no pain for the past 6 months and it has started again, without warning. I'm not under any stress now and am eating my meals on time. Its just so frustrating! The doctor does not know the reason himself i guess.. i'm tired of waiting up whole nights without being able to sleep or concentrate and do any productive work just waiting for the pain to go! I can't imagine going through it for years together..i need help! please suggest something!!

I was told I have a peptic ulcer and I have the same symptoms... I hear raw cabbage juice will heal it so i'm giving it a shot also honey supposidly kills the h pylori bacteria..

I had the same symptoms 1 year ago and it was a peptic ulcer that I treated with over the counter Pepcid. It went away and is now back again. I'll resume the same treatment and see what happens. I also eliminated wheat and other irritants from my diet including alcohol, sugar etc. which helped and did a mild cleanse which also helped.

Good Luck