I found out that the epigastrium describes the upper part of the abdomen between the breastbone and the navel. That is why I am able to specify where my problem is located. I have to say I do not understand what caused me to have mid epigastric bloating. I suffer from this annoying problem for a few months already, and I want it to stop. I am afraid that is something serious, so I would like to hear your opinion.

Indigestion or dyspepsia caused by ulcers and gastritis can sometimes be bad enough to be described as a pain. Typically, it is more a continuous gnawing feeling, which starts about 30 minutes after food, and can be relieved by any medicine, which reduces stomach acids. It may feel like a hunger pain, and it can be helped temporarily by eating, which sounds strange. Epigastric and mid abdominal pain and bloating occurs after eating, especially after larger meals, and the patient characteristically loses weight quickly. Diseases of the pancreas could also cause upper abdominal mid epigastric pain bloating. It is often felt also in the mid back, since the pancreas lies across the spine. The pain of pancreatic cancer is continuous and progressive, but I do not think that could happen with you. I believe that from simple reason that mid epigastric bloating should not refers to such a serious disease. For example, pain due to chronic pancreatitis is usually intermittent, with no clear relation to eating. Upper abdominal pain and weight loss along with lack of appetite are typical symptoms of stomach cancer, but there is also not reported mid epigastric bloating.