Is it normal to see your heartbeat through your chest?? I'm a girl and I can see my heartbeat through my left breast and if I walk up and down a staircase a few times I can hear it. If I put an object on my stomach I can see it moving with every heart beat... Something that I've noticed for the past year or so is that in the summer when it's really hot and I take a long hot shower my heart beats really fast and I can see and hear it even stronger. It makes me feel weak and I need to sit down and fan myself for a few minutes. Why is this happening? Is it normal??? I really hope there's nothing wrong with me!!!

seeing your heartbeat is natural so don't be too worried. But the hearing your heartbeat, I only expirience that when it is very silent, for example at night, so i'm unsure about hearing but seeing your heartbeat is fine, At least you know your heart is beating!!

Honestly I have the exact same symptoms as you!!! and I have anxiety so I cant even breathe properly because of this! I dont know if we have a heart problem or maybe we're just too skinny :/ 

I am an athletic male, karate and weight lifting and my heart is very visible and super loud! After a karate exercise or run I can not only hear it thumping in my chest, but see it! I am not thin! Basically muscular and still see it! Are you thin with small breasts? How old are you? Younger people tend to have flexible ribs causing visible beats! I have had it my whole life! I am glad I am not alone. I stand with my left shoulder toward a window with my camera braced on my right chest looking left toward my visible heart after exercise and can see it clearly with the HD camera and also hear it thumping.  Jay

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Same here i see my heart beat all the time

I really like your post https://www.steadyhealth.com/ .

I would love to see it if you can video it. Are you thin built? I have the same thing, I am an athletic male, 6' tall, 210 lbs. I lift weights and do martial arts. My heart is so powerful it can be heard in a quiet room thudding in my chest. Even at rest on my bed my body bounces with each beat. My Dr says after many tests I am healthy as a Tiger and it's just an athletic muscular heart. I will send you a video of mine. Don't feel strange! 

I really don't know what it's about. It's constantly beating really hard, and when I sleep it's just so ANNOYING. I can literally see me breast bouncing right now.

I just feel it through my entire body.

I suffer from anxiety too and I can see my heart beating and I have chest pain and trouble breathing

Same hear every single day and my boob moves up and down with each beat and quite high too so it is annoying but cool and at least I know I'm alive

Thank you I can see my heart beat when I'm in the shower and I have been concerned that it isn't natural.

You say you get a racing heart in a hot shower. Do you also notice your heart beating faster when you stand up, or maybe you regularly get dizzy upon standing? It could be dysautonomia. It's not well known, but also not uncommon. Look into POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) and talk to your doctor if you think it fits your symptoms. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I have exactly same issue's & not skinny

I can see my heart beating, bouncing my left breast immensely. It's caused serious panic attacks which only make the beating worse. I came looking for answers.