I have been experiencing sudden onset episodes of extreme lightheadedness( see black spots) accompanied by facial numbness(particularly around upper lip) and a feeling of heaviness and tingling in my arms. I experience spatial problems and feel very spacy,mixed up and somewhat disorientated. I am afraid of these "spells". They are not preceeded by anxiety as far as I can tell--they start out of the blue. They are unrelated to my body position and occur at any time during my day. It has happened when I am driving and get very afraid that I could pass out and struggle to maintain control of my faculties to avoid that happening. Have had to pull off the road more than once till the feelings pass. Happens at work, relaxing whenever. Episodes began about a year or so ago lasted for around a month and a half then went away. They started up again last week and seem to be more frequent and of longer duration this time. Any ideas please? Thankyou, D Larson

Hello! I want you to be seen by a doctor ASAP! This could be 1 of 2 things - your heart, or an illness - such as blood pressure, thyroid, lupus etc. Either way you need to be seen! Your symptoms are actually indicators of a stroke - but you have had them for a long time now! Please let me know how you make out OK? Good luck and health!

Thanks, Bambi for responding to my post. Just had my BP checked and its really good. I forgot to mention that Ive noticed that over the last year I seem to stumble alot (I seem to catch my toes and have to remind myself to pick them up sometimes) and that I have tinitus in my left ear all the time.I think my Dr will think Im a nutbar if I go traipsing into his office with these symptoms. Have read on this site that there are others with these symptoms and they have all had no luck with a diagnosis.

Actually I am NOW leaning towards MS! The thing about you tripping, really hit a nerve with me! And don't EVER think that a doctor will think that! As sometimes that one little thing - that you may think is insignificent is actually HUGE and puts all the pieces of the jigsaw together OK? Please get in there and get looked at OK?

Did you ever determine what was causing your issues?