I used to be a regular user of drugs; in particular ecstacy and cocaine, and ever since (the past 2-3 years) I have been experiencing weird dizzy spells. I was also drinking a lot of alcohol on a regular basis and had stages of heavy marijuana use.

I have always attributed them to the drugs but now that they seem to be occurring more frequently whilst I have not been using any drugs for 6 months.

These 'dizzy spells' vary in strength. When particularly strong I will feel disorientated, my arms and legs twitch, I sometimes experience a tingling sensation on my tongue and my vision will become impaired. It also feels as though I am short of breath. Another aspect of them is that they sometimes affect my thought pattern. I will be thinking something and totally forget for a few seconds whilst it is happening or it may completely change my trail of thought.

When minor, I will just feel a slight rush (which almost feels nice) and my vision my be slightly affected, and, again, I may experience a slight loss of memory.

Having always attributed it to the drug use I haven't ever thought it that serious but now I am beginning to worry it could be something more serious. I may have hit my head whilst high on drugs and alcohol and not remembered.

I do intend on seeing a doctor but would like to know if anybody has any idea on what this could be and how serious it is.

Thank you

The fact that you were a regular user of so many drugs and have stopped taking them may be causing you multiple withdrawal symptoms. When you see the doctor make sure that you tell them about all of your drug use and be very truthful they may be able to give you some prescriptions to deal with the withdrawal symptoms.

Good luck and congrats about staying clean. Good luck.

I am experiencing the same symptoms. I have a short rush which is just a few seconds but they are incredibly frequent and they sometimes feel quite nice but lately they are getting worse and longer maybe a minute long where i feel like im going to pass out but dont i start sweating and panting like im out of breath. But calm down quite quickly but i may have another a few minutes later like i said they are constant. They usually last for a day or two every few months this time they are action of the few seconds or a minute that this happens. Its not painful but today i rang my doc and she said just to rest for the afternoon as it is PROBABLY a panic attack or im just feeling anxious??? I am feeling anxious as this is day three and although i ignored day 1 and two of these episodes they are getting worse i even get them when i am sat still for a length of time. I would say to you definitely go to your docs and get a thorough check up as you dont know what it is.
Oh and i have never taken drugs recreationally although i am on 200 mg of sertraline which should not allow this to happen anyway i assume???

I was recently hooked on high doses of morphine, xanax, cocaine, molly (a type of ecstasy), large amounts of pot, and a lot of alcohol abuse. Not to mention the fact that these are not the only drugs, there were others along the same time. I have been completely clean off of all these things; I moved away from that area, but I have been feeling all of these symptoms. I almost enjoy it when it happens, but then I realize that it's not a good thing and it's almost like I don't care. I know I should go into the doctor about it soon, but I am embarrassed to admit my problems. Has anybody heard anything about it from previous visits to the doctor or anything?
p.s. I overdosed not too long ago on Morphine, Xanax, and Captain 100 proof so that might have something to do with it too. I am 17 years old