I am dealing with a weird situation that affected my face –what do you think what the cause of numbness in my face might be? The strange thing I first feel the pain on the left side of my face and it happened while I was applying my make-up and now even smoking movements causes me sharp pain and after that I have this numbness in my face that won't go away that easily? I am not able to move any area of my face without causing me pain. I am pretty much sure this is not a normal condition and am curious what that might be?

My mum suffers from trigeminal neuralgia and one of the symptoms of this disease is numbness in face that persist long after this weird face pain attack and it could be provoked by simple face movements such as talking, eating, smoking, putting on make-up or even smiling. I am not sure what causes this but I surely know this pain and numbness in face is not pleasant at all so you better go see a doc. my mom was first taking some meds I think it was called-baclofen or something like that but for the results has missed she decided to have a surgery. She actually had electric current treatment and now it seems all ok for it's been a year almost she didn't have any face pain attack and is without numbness in face all this time.

I was wondering if you ever found out what was causing this?? i have been having the exact same problem over the past 6 months. comes and goes. but smoking & pushing on left side of my face causes it to happen.