Hi. My eyes hurt. Pain is especially sharp while rotating eyes. Don`t know what could be the cause of my problem. Should I be worried? Pain is kind of a stabbing. I have myopia and I wear contacts but I have never had any trouble with them. Anybody?

Hi. I wear glasses now. I used to wear contacts, but they have caused me a lot of pain. Pain in the eye, while rotating or not, and any kind of a discomfort could be due to some infection, irritation or an injury. Some other causes of eye pain are migraine headaches, sinus problems, eye surgery, hordeolum, conjunctivitis, photophobia, glaucoma and burns.

Well,
The fact that you have pain when you move your eyes means that you are having issues with your muscle and that you should see your doctor as soon as possible because problems with muscles of the yes might not pass on their own. The fact is also that you might have problems with your sinus. If they are infected they can cause a lot of pressure that can relate to your eyes and there for you might feel the pain when you move your eyes. How long has this been going on? Have you tried to use any medication or some eye drops to ease the pain? I hope this helped a bit.

All the best,
Nelie