Hi, folks. My mother has been experiencing some problems with her hand muscles. She felt some kind of weakness there. After some testing , she was diagnosed with cubitus valgus. I would really appreciate if someone could tell me something more about this. Thank you in advance for all your help, guys.

Hello, there. I have heard about cubitus valgus. My neighbor has this deformity. As far as I know, it is a condition where the elbows are turned in. It is not so common, I think. Probably your mother’s elbow is somewhere pressing ulnar nerve. This nerve is responsible for innervations of certain hand muscles. It is probably the reason why she feels this hand muscle weakness. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!

Hi, everyone. I would agree with the previous post. Cubitus valgus can affect ulnar nerve at some point. This can be responsible for hand muscle weakness. In some cases, it causes some tingling or pain sensation in one part of the hand. You haven’t mentioned whether your mother complained on that. I think that this can be handled by surgery. You should check this with her doctor. I hope I’ve helped a little. Bye!