Hello, good people. My friend’s kid has been diagnosed with juvenile torticollis. I have never heard about this condition before, so I will have to ask something. Is this a hereditary illness or not? I will really be grateful for all your replies considering this topic. Bye, guys! Your help will mean a lot to me.

Hi, there. It all depends when torticollis appears. It can be inherited or acquired. Inherited is related to some gene damaging. Acquired one is caused by the damages of nerves or muscles. The incidence of congenital torticollis is very small. It is less than 3%. I would probably say that your friend’s kid has the acquired one. I hope he will manage it. Bye!

Hello, there. I have also heard that there are congenital and acquired torticollis. It is better if torticollis is acquired. If it is inherited, it means that its genes are damaged. I doubt that treatment can do much there. The treatment options are: medications, surgery and rehabilitation. Your friend should discuss about all this with his kid’s doctor. I hope everything will be all right. Good luck to him! Bye!