Hi. I'm very worried for my mother’s present health state and some information would be more then welcome!
I don’t know how to start.
It all started few days ago when she started to suffer from strong abdominal pain, fever and weight loss.
We didn’t know what could be the cause but doctor suspected in some kind of parasite disease called fascioliasis.
Anyway, she’s kept in hospital until the right diagnosis is set and I would really like to know what to expect from all this. Is this something serious or could I relax a bit?

Hi. I see that you are pretty worried about all this and I will try to calm you with some information about all this.
Fascioliasis is an infection caused by parasite called Fasciola hepatica! In most cases it is characterized by fever, eosinophilia, abdominal pain, although it could also be asymptomatic.
People get infected from ingesting contaminated food or water. Larva circulates through the blood and then migrate to the liver. Then they produce eggs which are transported into intestine. It isn’t so serious although it can cause blockage of bile system. There are several medication that are being used such as triclabendazole, Praziquantel and sometimes even surgical operation!