I would like to know what the symptoms of SARS are and how SARS spreads. I am afraid that I was contaminated by SARS. I was in a hospital for infected persons where I had to do some research. Since then I have high fever. I am very worried and afraid. I wasn’t in contact with anybody, but somehow I think I got it. Please!

SARS begins with a high fever, temperature greater than 100.4°F. Other symptoms are headache, an overall feeling of discomfort, and body aches, although some people also have mild respiratory symptoms. In some cases there is diarrhea. After few days, SARS patients may develop a dry cough or pneumonia. The virus that causes SARS is thought to be transmitted most readily by respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes, so it is not necessary to have physical contact. The virus is airborne spread, but it also can spread when a person touches a surface or object contaminated with infectious droplets and then touches his or her mouth, nose, or eye. You have to ask for professional help.