Hello. I'm 22 year old male and I'm really worried about my mother. Just recently her doctor determined that she had some cholesterol calculus in her main bile duct!
It all started about a week ago when she first time felt strong and dull pains located in her liver region.
She didn’t know what is the cause but also didn’t pay too much attention on it. Two days ago- pain literally woke her up in the middle of the night and her surgeon suspected in calculosis of the bile duct which is later confirmed by radiologist! She’s kept in hospital. Can someone tell me how serious this condition is!?

Hi- I really don’t want to scar you but I must tell you that we are talking about one very serious and life-threatening condition.
Calculus’s that can be found in bile duct or gall bladder are usually made of cholesterol and calcium and they can partially or completely block the flow of bile into the intestines!
This is causing bile buildup in gall bladder resulting in bladder exploding. This leads to one very serious condition called acute abdomen which is life threatening.
Only possible therapy is an operation of removing stones or complete bladder. This has become a routine in abdominal surgery and you shouldn’t worry!