What did you eat? How did it work/not work for you?

powerbar, bagel (w/ cream cheese if I have it) with water. Take gatorade to the start line and carry the bottle so I can skip at least the first aid station because it is way crowded.

Pretty much the same thing. I usually don't eat much before my weekend long runs, but I tend to start those runs within an hour after getting up. There is usually a much longer time between getting up and running for the marathon and I found that I get hungry by the time the race starts if I don't eat something more substantial.
I still would not recommend that you eat anything much different than you usually eat before your long runs.

well for marathons distances i start actually the day before.

a LARGE bag of Doritoes, for the salt. the day of the race, one small cup of coffee and two large Cinnamon Raisn Bagels. Cinnamon helps dialate the blood vessels so it helps imrove the circulation.

during the race i take breakfast bars, a couple gels, and water/Sports dink mix. grab bananas and water enroute too.

Morning of had a blueberry bagel, plain, and Eggo waffles with syrup.

Here's the problem: half my long runs were on Thursday nights after my normally huge breakfast and my infamous half pound of pasta with 6 meatballs the size of my head lunch. The other half were on weekend mornings on nothing more than a glass of water and a granola bar or ClifBar. NO POWERBARS. I learned that lesson the hard way at PDR. Also no coffee b/c I have to "go" a lot then. Perhaps a bagel w/cream cheese + water + Gatorade? Though twice I had chicken parm with pasta and it was indeed the breakfast of champions for those races ....

I would go with what has worked in the past. The morning of the marathon is not the time to be experimenting. Although from what you said you pre-long run meals were well in advance of your long run. If possible could you have the Chicken Parm meal the night before. In the morning you could do something light.

Granola or cliff bars will work just fine.

Rule #1 - Never do anything you havn't done in training.

Rule #2 - See Rule #1

don't underestimate the power of potassium...the more potassium you can get in the last couple of days the less likely you'll cramp up on mile 20 something....

lots of V8 juice, banannas, potatoes, oj...etc...

for me the morning of it's a bagel or donut along (v8 juice) and while i'm waiting for the race to start...a large coffee.

best of luck...

---
megawill

Mine. 20 oz Coffee, 20 oz gatorade, bagel or something similiar. Banana. 1500 mg glucosomine. Water.

One running Gel every 4 miles water every other mile.

That is a lot of intake. I'm assuming you give that coffee adequate time to run through your system before race start?

2 Gu's and lots of water, can't eat anything else or I get a sick tummy.

Coffee and 1/2 a powerbar. I would have preferred a bagel but I couldn't find one (being out of town and all) :x but I happened to get a powerbar with my packet and it worked really well for me.

oh and, you would be correct in this assumption....

Dittos... 'cept during the marathon, I go with whatever gatorade/powerade drink they have, nada on the gel.