I usually run 10 k's (6.4 miles, i think) and I really have no idea on how to prepare for a race a week before the day. I usually just eat lots of pasta and do my normal weekly routine, which is a 5 mile run 4 times a week and one 7 mile run. I'm wondering if this is good prep before a race, and what you runners do a week before a race?

It's 6.2...

IMHO I'd skip the carbo load for just a 10K and maybe have an energy bar the morning of the race. Certainly eating pasta the whole week is overkill and will contribute little to your race day performance. I do find easy-to-digest food beneficial the night before (to avoid <ahem> problems) and past fits the description. I assume your race replaces the 7 mile; if not that's what you might want to think about. HTH.

Pasta is fine. I wouldn't change your normal diet too much, except maybe to have some pasta the night before. It's more a psychological thing with me. Just try to avoid having a big greasy dinner beforehand. If you can eat a powerbar, more power to you. No pun intended. I find them nasty and thus far inedible.

Morning of is up to you. For shorter races I tend to just have a bagel with cream cheese a couple of hours before the race. Maybe some Wheat Thins crackers.