I just switched to running first thing in the day in the last few weeks. It is definitely harder for me than running after work, and this morning after my run I felt a little nauseous until after I"d had something to eat. I was thinking tomorrow I might have just a piece of bread or a banana or something before I head out.
So who eats and who goes running on an empty belly?

During the summer when I run in the morning, I only have coffee before I head out of the door. I can usually do 6 or 7 miles without any problem.

Up and out the door in 10-15 minutes. Ate when I got back, after my shower, etc.

When I did long run's (10+ miles) did eat a waffle or bagel, and I brought enery gels with me, to fuel up on the run.

I tend to tolorate more food then most people. I would suggest having diluted juice or a sports drink. Long runs need more energy as mentioned.

no - i'm outta the door in 5-10 minutes tops - m/b a few sips of water.

Nope. Will drink a bunch of fluids and occasionally before a long run I'll have a few bites of a Power Bar. I tend to have a delicate system.

ditto.. and even after, aside from a really long run, running kills my appetite for a few hours.

:1:

Same here. Is that odd? I don't usually hear about too many people with our 'problem'.

That's odd. The first thing I do after a cool down is stuff something in my mouth.

It definitely is not a bad thing as then your body goes into a metabolism boost and can burn fat stored instead of digesting food. I do a intermideate fasting and my workout, this helps to burn stored calories (I don't eat until late afternoon and only for a couple hours but you eat your caloric intake in these few hours). It is Dr.Mercola recommended.

I have a glass of grape juice or raspberry/apple or some odd combination juice and a cup of coffee and then run. And then eat all day long.

Not usually.

Unless it will be a few hours (lots of times in the morning when I have the kids I will eat a little with them in the morning because between feeding them and dressing them it takes a while).

Well this morning I laid in bed at 5AM and sucked back a couple of pumpkin cookies. I felt a lot stronger on my run at 6 so maybe it's a blood sugar thing? I don't mind going to bed with cookies, although hubby woke up when he heard the plastic rustling and said 'what the h*ll are you doing?'

Get the dentures back in, eh?