Hi,I'm a healthy man aged 45,and for the last 15-18 years can not enjoy any party,-even very small amount of any type of alcohol could make me dizzy for the whole week or even longer.All my blood and liver tests are absolutely good. Please help!

Hi allegra. I am allergic to alcohol.Never used to be but it started about three years ago.It ended up that I am allergic to sulphates and nitrates. It is the sulphites that are in alcohol. All the preservitives in the 200 range are deadly for me. Other foods that have these preservatives are processed meats.I have to stay away from hams ,devons, smoked salmon, salamis etc. There are a lot of things on the supermarket shelves that have these preservitives.
I now drink a no preservative wine by Hardys.Still is alcoholic but doesn't make me have allergic reactions. I have been to a specialist who said to dodge eating those things but am seeing someone today who tries to find solutions.