I have Wolf-Parkinson-White Syndrom, Mitral Valve Prolapse, and Hyperthyroidism. Possible Graves Disease, but not confirmed. At this point I have been off my medication for Wolf Parkinson White for three years, and off my Thyroid medication for about a year and a half. Everything seemed to be going okay until a couple of days ago. First, I started to feel really tired and out of breath only when outside in the extreme heat. Yesterday I felt very tired, weak and my right hand felt like it was trembling when I was in the hot weather. Today, I was inside and only in the heat for about 10 minutes at a time; however, tonight I started to feel dizzy, tired - almost like I could not keep my eyes open, weak and very nausous. I took a shower and then laid on the bed on my back and could feel my heartbeat. It did not feel fast, but it felt very hard and made my back vibrate. Next, I started to get sick but nothing came up. I had to lay down again for sometime before I felt normal again.

I am writing this, because none of these symptoms feel the same as what I have had in the past resulting from my WPW, Hyperthyroidism or Mitral Valve Prolapse. Is there a doctor or nurse that can give me a clue as to what this might be and if I need to see my Cardio or Endo doctor?

Okay, I am going to my General Doctor today. Still not feeling that great. I will post as to what the issue is and maybe it can help someone else.

HI there, do you have an update for us? I would like to hear how you are doing because your symptoms were very strange. I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

I went to my general doctor and found out that I had an ear infection in both ears and they were on the verge of bursting. Funny, I felt no pain in my ears at all. This is what caused me to feel dizzy. He said I was tired and weak because I was very sick and had an infection in my lungs. I am so used to being in pain, that I often don't feel it anymore and it has to be really bad for me to start noticing things.

As for feeling my heartbeat in my back, I am to go seem him right away if it happens again. My doctor said you usually feel this if you are having a rapid heartrate, but I was not. It felt like a very slow and hard heartbeat. As if it was struggling to push the blood through. So far it has not happened again, so I cannot say what it was. Sorry, I really don't have an answer to this.

My doctors really watch me becasuse WPW, heart disease and Strokes run in my family. One of my relatives had the first heart transplant in Ohio, and she died a few days later at the age of seven. My Grandparents on both sides died of heart related issues. My Grandmother had her first open-heart surgery at age 33 and passed away at 60. The other grandparent were only 57-61 years old when they passed away. The same was for my Great-Grandparents on both sides as well. I can only say that Medicine today is much better than it was back then. With proper medicine and constant monitoring I should have a much longer life.

Okay,

I tried to post once and it doesn't seem like it went throught so here it goes again. If the first one post, sorry in advance for the double post.

At the doctors I found out that I had a double ear infection and both ears were on the verge of bursting. Funny, I didn't feel any pain in my ears at all. I also had a very bad lung infection. Since I have been in pain for years, I am so used to pain that I sometimes don't feel it anymore. You just get used to dealing with it and ingnoring the pain. Anyway, the ear infection cause me to be dizzy. Just being very sick caused me to feel tired and weak.

As of now, we still do not know what caused me to feel a very slow, hard heartbeat in my back. The doctor said that it is common to feel your heartbeat in your back if you have a rapid heartrate, but he is puzzled as to why I would feel very slow, hard beating. I was told if it happened again to go to see him and to try and get there while I am feeling the sensation. The only other way I can describe it, is it felt as though my heart was struggling to push the blood through. As of now, I just don't have an answer.

I do have a large family history of heart related issues and deaths. My cousin had the first heart transplant in Ohio and died a few days latter at the age of seven. My grandparent on both sides all died of heart related issues early in life (between the ages of 58 and 61). My grandmother had her first open-heart surgery at the young age of 33 and passed away at 61 years old. WPW, heart disease, high blood pressure and strokes run in the family. With todays medicine and proper treatment I should live a much longer life.

Once again, I am sorry that I really cannot answer your question, as I don't have an answer myself.

Alright,

This is the third time I tried to post this, I am hoping there will not end up being three post with the same information. If there is I apologize.

At the doctors I found out that I had two ear infections and both ears were on the verge of bursting. I had no pain in my ears that lead me to believe that I had an ear infection. This is what caused the dizziness. Next, I had a lung infection that cause me to feel weak and tired.

As for the slow, hard heart beat, we do not know. My doctor told me that one can feel a rapid heart beat in their back sometimes. Since mine was very slow, he has no idea. I am to see my doctor and to try and get there during the symptoms if they present again. At this time it has not happened. The only other way to describe it was that it felt as though my heart was having a hard time pushing the blood. It was very slow and hard and if felt like I could feel the blood bubbling up to a point and then all of a sudden pushing through, causing a vibrating in my back. I know strange! At least it has not happened again.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having some really strange problems. I can't really do much but post support for you and the hope that you will keep us posted on how you're doing so that I can hear how you're recovering. Can you do that for us? Thanks!

Hey MommyShan, do you ahvea n update for us? I hope that you are doing okay and would like to have an update if you have one. Can you let me know?