Hi - I see many people have posted concerns about dizziness

I have had this problem for 12 years now. I have seen 34 Doctors and specialist and have not been diagnosed or given any real suggestions.
My problem has cost me my Job, My Medical Benefits, My Savings and ruined my life. No disability or compensation as well.

It started as I working doing very physical work when i was about 32 years old. Light headed dizzy, turn very pale,weak feeling. It went away then came back more often over the next few years. I was to the emergency room 5 times for it."Nothing"
Over time walking got tougher and any real physical activity brought it worse. Now it's so bad as soon as I get up I have it.

Over the past five years my neck & back have really become painful, stiff and weak. MIR's show cervical spine damage to some discs. cervical spondolosis. They say it's NOT connected to my dizziness, I disagree!

Symptoms - I get weak pale and lightheaded, I feel like I'm standing in a ROW BOAT or canoe. Not room spinning but rocking sensation. Also often feel like I'm walking in sand, sinking into the ground.
Nausea, and tipping over sensations.

Things that help a little - Walking in the swimming pool!

Have seen 8 ENT's 9 Neurologists and taken VNG EMG CT Scan, Flex X RAY, Seen many other docs and specialists. Did some blood work early on checked for diabetes and lymes disease. Thought it was Meinere's Disease but don't think so now.

12 Years Day & Night! Not losing my mind, lost it already! Please help! :(

Sorry to hear you have been going through this for 12 years.
But have you been checked for MS? Vertigo?
I have had the same problem for 9 years now, It goes away but now it is coming back for the 3rd time. Balance is off, I walk holding the walls,, can't look down when walking. feeling faint. This is what they said was my problem was benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV). I now us a cane to walk it helps.

I have had the same problem as you for the past 6 months. Over time it has got a lot better and now I can do most things but my symptons have never gone away. I have a throbbing sensation in my neck which makes me feel like the floor is moving up and down and my body is rocking. It drives me crazy! I get relief from it if I do not move at all and when I sleep, but that is the only time, and other people do not understand.

I have seen many specialists too, all who are not to sure what is wrong. It has something to do with my neck because I had a very weak and painful neck after I received a massage in Bangkok where my neck was manipulated the wrong way. My dizziness etc started the next day after the massage. I am currently havent injections into my neck to release the muscle spasms which they think are spasming over the arteries and creating the sensations I get. Over the past 6 months it has got a lot better. I am currently seeing an orthopedic surgeon and have made good progress.

You need an EEG and a PET Scan. You may be having simple partial seizures. They cause an aura after you have had them that can cause dizzy feeling. I searched for seventeen years. Lost my jobs, relationships with friends and family that would say things like "I get tired too." If you can't get the test, try an anti convulsant. It robs me of some strength but the dizziness is gone.

These seizures are nonconvulsant and are hard to detect by someone observing your behavior. I had slurred speech, eyes felt as though they were forced to half close, a tingling feeling would wash over my body, could not hardly think at all, my mind would almost completely freeze up. It has been a long unpleasant road.

Hello, I have exactly the same problem that you have but with a couple of extra symptoms. I went through your progression but in a matter of just 3 days... I have no idea what brought it on, I simply got out of bed yesterday morning and I felt dizzy and light headed, can't stand up straight, I have to be lying down for it to go away, even simply sitting makes me dizzy... I'm only 16 years old so I really don't want to be lying in bed for the rest of my life however my parents say it's just me tiring myself out with too many late nights and too much caffeine however even when I have no caffeine and go to bed between 8 and 9pm, I can't sleep, not sure what it is, anxiety because of exams possibly but then again this has never happened before... I've been searching for a possible cause/ailment and the only likely ones I've found so far are forms of vertigo or diabetes... If anybody finds anything useful, drop me an e-mail at
thnx

I am really sorry that you folks are going through this! I have heard of this once when I was running squad. My patient was complaining of everything that has been stated above. She was at the end of her rope! Anyhow, we went thru her med history with a fine tooth comb. Have any of you traveled lately by plane or drove to a higher altitude? A lot of times when you change altitudes your inner ear gets messed up. This is what happened to my patient. She went on a trip by plane and her inner ears did not reset to the changes in altitude. Talk to your doctor again and don't stop fighting! Good luck and take care!

Firegirl1

Has anyone above tried a good osteopath. I suffered two seriius whip lash injuries in six months and the worse sympton twas the light headness and muggy headedness. It still recurrs from time to time. Treatment from an osteopath "crunching" has totally helped whereas my doctor on both occasions I sought help was not helpful in the least and just told me that it would pass.  It might be worth a try for you.

Have you tried a bubble test. Maybe u have a hole in your heart.

I've had the rocking and light headed symptoms for 30 years. I found out it was hypoglycemia. I eat mostly protein and fats and it helps immensely.  I also have an inner ear abnormality that causes dizziness as well and the physical therapist gave me excercises to do to get my eyes and ears working together. They help. For about 10 or more years I have had the stiff neck and shoulders. I assume virus. I think the paleness may also be low blood sugar for me as well as the weakness. Another thing to make sure of is if you are getting enough rest. I found out I was sleep deprived because my husband snored and kept me awake. Once he got a sleep apnea mask, people said I looked better. I tend to think I get a lot of sinus infections (no insurance) and they last forever, so I feel sick a lot. Hope you figure it out soon.
 I'm feeling sick as I write, so sorry if it sounds scattered. . .

I am not so sure, but I have the same feeling of walking in sand every day as you.. I have a problem with my left ear. Have you checked your ear. Many dizziness are caused by inner ear problem. Good luck.

i am almost 18 and i have had back problems for many many years now. well the first time ever i have been waking up in the middle of the night with sharp sharp pains in my spine. i went to my doctor to get my vertebrae aligned and i have also discovered that i have a short leg and scoliosis. well the day i got my back poped back into place, i went to work for four hours and only made it through an hour and a half of work, because i got dizzy, felt like the floor was coming up to me. i lost my balance and felt like i was gonna pass out. i acctually threw up many many of times, because of the pain and dizzyness. NO ONE CAN FIGURE ANYTHING OUT! i have had to leave work three times now because of the same problem. someone help me!!!! i am so depressed and i only want things to get better so that i am able to be the girl i used to be, and the future wife to the man i love and will always love!
:( 

Hey i have the exact same symptoms as you and was recentl diagnosed with TMJ!! I have had this constant dizziness for yeasrs etc etc. Look up tmj. You should maybe talk to a tmj specialist and have them check out your jaw. Does it ever get sore or tired, or click? It is all connected with the ears, and Regular doctors don'tknow much about tmj.

I also have the same symptoms; have had them for almost 3 years now and have progressed to not only those you described, but also memory loss, concentration problems and vision problems.  Like many of you, I have undergone a myraid of tests (although I took note of the ones that I haven't had and will ask my now third neurologist about them).  The latest I had was an MRA to see the blood flow from my neck to my brain.  Perhaps that can help some of you. Please continue to post here and update us if any of you have a break through.  It's comforting to hear of others' going through similiar experiences.  I have had no answers either, and like many of you stated, it has also cost me my job and my social life -- the last time I had real fun I was 24.  I am now 28.  I wish you all good luck and you are all in my prayers.  I look forward to some breakthroughs from everyone!

lightheaded, paleness and weakness sound like low blood sugar. I get it occasionally, it often happens in mid afternoon, aroudn 3:00 or four o'clock. I had a very old but very good doctor who did a special glucose tolerance test. I think it was the first hour or two my sugar was tested every 1/2 hour rather than every hour, that is because some people's sugar abruptly drops early in the curve. i ended up with flat curve hypgylcemnia. She tested memory and writing at the same time as the glucose tolerance test.  ,it is okay as long as i eat on time, cannot be even a half hour late eating, but i have other problems now.  i am going to post my problem seperate becauwe of computer prblems.   i also heard of two people who had (lay term) "CRYSTALS) in their ears injured after car accidebnts. they both had blindness in one eye due to other reasons but were told that made the sensatiuon worse. hopes this helps.

Hi, I had similar feeling over 20 years ago and thought I had an inner ear infection. I was told I had msg poisoning by an ear Dr. -he asked me what I was eating. I had been eating alot of chinese food 2 weeks straight when all this happened. When I stopped eating that food the symtoms went away. I have since then do not eat anything with MSG in it. I also have recently found the best nutrition on the planet because I have changed my diet to these super foods and now if I do eat anything that has chemicals in is what I would say garbage food- I get sick immediately. 

***Post is edited by moderator *** Web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use