Hi! I'm having some kind of a disorder in my body for the last 4 months. I'm 21, male, not overweight, not smoking (never smoked even one cigarette), recently stopped alcohol completely, not living in a stressful atmosphere.

It all began as a tension in the left side of the chest for no apparent reason. I suspect it could be from an ear inflammation I had 4-5 weeks before this - as I was cleaning my ears with these cleaning sticks, suddenly a particle of earwax went very deep in my left ear, so I had reduced hearing with the left ear for about a week. A week after the reduced hearing was gone, I had a severe sore throat for no apparent reason, there was even blood in my spittle. For about 3 days the sore throat was gone, and I was feeling pretty normal again. But 3 weeks after that came the real trouble. Anyway, I'm not sure if the above is connected to it.

A sensation in the chest appeared that I would call a constriction. It was driving me crazy especially during evenings and nights. Normally I could sleep great with either side of the chest pressed to the bed, but one night I attempted to sleep with the left side pressed and my heart began pounding so heavy and shockingly that it would wake me up in shock, and wouldn't allow me to breathe for 5 seconds. The latter is such a terrible feeling of literally quickly approaching dead that my whole body stalls and in the fourth second I say to myself "If I don't breathe NOW, I'm dying". Maybe the heart, while being pressed, works harder and harder, and the interval between the beats lengthens until it becomes so long that it wakes me up. After I took a breath the psychical shock remained so big that I couldn't fall asleep the whole night.

In the meantime, I did all kinds of tests. Blood is OK, urine is OK, thyroid hormones are OK, ECG is OK. The heart was scanned and was OK, the stomach area and the kidneys too. My blood pressure is slightly higher than average, but that's not to worry. All doctors so far have assured me that I don't have a heart disease. Some have prescribed me drugs for calming down the nervous system, but I know it's not this because I am a very balanced person. The pain is not connected to stress at all - it stays constant and can sharpen at any time.

However, the symptoms persist and even new ones appeared recently:

- Constant awareness of the left side of the chest with the tendency to sharpen at times: this has to be the main symptom. There were about three times when the pain was extremely severe. The rest of the time it is a constant dull pain that feels like a strain centered around the heart. A few times before falling asleep I've also had these "jolting" attacks which feel like accumulated electricity spreading suddenly from the chest to the whole body and waking me up in shock. In general, it seems like there is something external disturbing my heart.

- Normal, but constantly heavy heartbeat: especially when rested, this is so annoying! My legs and tummy vibrate apparently on every heartbeat! With some exertion, these vibrations increase even more. During night, I can count my heart beats because I hear each of them in my ears.

- Uncontrollable muscle trembling not connected to exertion: this is such a weird feeling especially at night before I fall asleep. Muscles from all over my body (legs, arms, torso) tremble and shake in an uncontrollable manner (without pain), each for about 2 seconds.

- Tension in the right side of the waist: this is probably not a kidney. If I press my hand onto this region, the pain is almost immediately gone and with the hand off it comes back.

- Low noise in the ears.

I just want to know if someone has been in a similar state, what could the diagnosis be, and how to treat it. I can already feel how this is ruining my life and personality! I am getting so desperate and depressed since all doctors say I'm okay, but I don't feel okay at all! I would be the happiest person on Earth if I start feeling normal again!

My suggestion is to see a hypnotist or an accupunturist. It sounds to me that all of the medical tests are running normal so my suggestion is either a fear / phobia that is growing and currently immitates a panic attack, or an interruption in your bodies electrical allignment wich could best be served by employing an accupuncturist.

Hey blowfish,

I got the same symptoms as you mentioned, i have each and everything you told, what could be the reason? please help me, daily i am dying thinking that this could be a heart problem, please help me too.. Thanks,
Sachin

Hey Blowfish,

I have exactly the same symptoms you had, i have each and everything you mentioned, whats wrong? please help me ..

Thanks in advance

I also have a weird electrical jolt that spasm my body 3-4 times a day that comes from my chest abot 2 inches to the right of the bottom of my sternum. Just wanting to know if that is similar

Ive also been feeling those symptoms and have also been in and out of the doctor.... one night it got so bad that i actually had my friend speed me to the hospital because my temples and face started to go numb as it was increasingly difficult to breathe and my heart felt like beating out of my chest, i felt i was going to die that this was it i was gunna die in my friends car. I had blood tests EkGs like 3 times pee testts the whole works just like you and nothing came back. I'm also 20 years old a male and in great shape i work out all the time. Try this...if you drink caffine and it gets worse...or try not drinking caffine (if you already regularly do so) and see if that helps. If you dont drink caffine...try it and see if that worsens the effects. If so then you are suffering from a panic disorder and should talk to your doctor on what to do about that. There are medical and mental treatments along with diet. But the main thing is NO caffine. I had been taking this weight lifting supplement high in caffine for forever and never had a problem but just recently had started having issues and noticed all those symptoms you say you have and it all being especially at night like you said because of caffine. I think you may have a panic disorder. Look it up. Remember panic disorders come on out of no where sometimes and its not always because you are afraid of anything.

Hello everyone -
my name is joel and i recently - about a week about - while driving i felt in my left pectoral muscle a senation like a muscle cramped going medial to lateral and up towards my shoulder. all of the above i can also relate to verbatim. of course, i think i have a minor heart attack and am walking around killing my heart by not seeing a doctor. I also do not have health insurance which makes it more stressful which makes my heart race which in turn is the original crux of it all.

At least I know you are all still functioning, healthy, and have not suffered major life threatening injuries.

Any helpful suggestions would be welcome.
thank you

I have the exact same symptoms. I have found that it is probably Pleurisy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleurisy

Seems to me as though you aree all having variations of anxiety attacks. I have had them for 20 years and about 5 times a day. I have been so many times to the hospital it's embarising as they all know me by first name!!, I have had ECG's, heart scans, once I was in for 10 hours while they tood blood of the top and bottom of the heart to see if I had angina, or had a mild heart attack but every time the doc comes around and says we can't find a think your anxiety is so strong it affects your heart in a big way but you are OK. I now don't bother anymore as if one day I do have a heart attack I will be well out of it and in a place a lot better than this one. But, untill that day comes you just gotta tale the tabs to keep you calm every 4 hours and live it out. Anxiety can have many effects, Sweating hands and under armpits, chest pain, pains in left shoulder and/or arm, dizzy, double vision, very tired, dificult to breath, stabbing pains in throat, pricly sensations to one side of the face, indigestion, gases, a whole list of goodies jajaja. The thing is that Doctors don't study this so have no idea although they like to think they have "poor devils" what they have to put up with!!. If you see a shrink he can't do anything either, look all over internet you will not find anyone cured, they just give you tabs to calm you down for the rest of your life...OH don't get caught up with the money makers saying they will sell you DVD's and a Big book telling you how to cure your anxiety because it's all Bull. OK, you are now thinking this guy is a a dull boy, well NO. I am normaly a good laugh to be with and a family man with a wife and 2 fantastic girls. Let me put it to you all this way, anxiety comes from the "Sub Concious" part of the brain and NOT the "Concious" part OK, so nobody is ever going to get into your "Sub Concious" part not even the best specialists in the USA or Europe and they know it!. I have seen one in Spain and sat for 15 minutes explaining to him NOT about my symptoms but about where anxiety comes from and how is controls your "Concious" area of the brain. He sat with his legs crossed up on the desk and at the end said "Well you know I can't help you then" case closed. I am afraid it is something you have to learn to control on your own, obviously get the all the check ups done that is obvious, but if they say you have a panic disorder or Anxiety attacks then I am afraid to say you have 2 channels to go down: The first is medication which will help in small doses but after a few years the dosage goes up, a few years later a little more untill you can't live without the medication as it is strongly addictive. Second channel: If you are VERY strong minded just tell yourself these are only sensations and mistaken messages sent from the sub concious area to the concious area which as it is the concious area of the brain makes you beleive you are going to have a heart attack or something just as nasty. If you can be with someone, confide in a friend a loved one who can help you and assure you when you feel rough, there are millions of people with anxiety and it's not untill you talk about it with other people that you find they have something very similar as well!!. Well Girls and Boys that's the class for today and remember one positive thing...............if you feel an anxiety attack that's good it means your alive jajajajajaja. Keep safe and CHILL OUT:

Thank you very much. I'm going through hell and your message has help me remember who I am .

I have exact same symptoms as the first poster, except it is coming from my brain I feel. Vibrating body, head , chest area everything, I had it for 2 months now, and everyone keeps telling me that its anxiety, but it is hard to believe. Did anyone have it go away???? Please post!!!!!!!! What if these are the beginning symptoms of some undiscovered disease??? What if? Anyone?

Glad it helped some, Keep safe and Happy new year.

I ve read many cases like those. I myself got into it because I had the same simptoms......Guess what ?  no mental problems. It is all in your EARS. Inflamated ears..caused by your own saliva getting inside almost every night. It gets infected that way. Becomes chronic....

Saliva gets very deep every night. There is no panic attack or mental unbalances. I am a biochemist and I know Drs know very little of everything. Not only that but I have yet to find a Dr. who cares..bunch of inepts, care less and very unsenstitive humanoids. All they care is MONEY.

Use OTOZAMBON or any antiinflamatory but find a way not to introduce saliva in your ears..

Percy Velasco

I you ever find out what was causing this?

I had the exact same symptoms even the sore throat.

i think kevse1961 is right,i had the same symptoms to the T, impemding doom!!!! sceard to death but don't know why.every time my heart beet the whole bed shook at least it felt that way.many doctor trips and ER trips they always said nothing is wrong with me till i saw a PA because my doc was on vacation. in about 10 min. she said i was having anxiety attacks and gave me a 2 week sample of paxil.it's not adictive at all or make you sleepy you don't even feel it.just kind of fixes a switch in your brain the doc said.sometimes two weeks is all people need somtimes longer.in about 3 or 4 days it was gone i was so happy!!!!! i was 28 then now 41 and still take it. 20mg a day thats a very small dose i don't think i need it any more i just think it helps me be a better person when dealing whith nagitive situations and stress.i have had no side affects that i know of after 12 years on it.maby paxil can help you ask your doctor about it.i hope this helps.