Im only 17 years old. I have felt the way i feel now for months. I am not pregnant before anyone suggests that!

I suffered from a diease/illness where my glands swelled up til they were huge and you could clearly see them. I had a fever all day, i would go cold and the hot, i had no energy at all and was generally sick! The doctor gave me some antibtotics and it cleared up.

Ever since then i have not been myself. I feel sick at some point during the day, i constanly have a weird feeling in my head, its not pain as such, but like a numbing feeling and irritation. I feel like im going to phaint all the time, im weak and very tired, i also get chest pains from time to time & my breathing is rubbish, its hard to breath at times, i generally feel like im dying :-(

I have had countless blood tests and all of them showed nothing!
This totally upset me because im frustrated, i just want it to be over!!

The doctor told me just to have lots of water and excercise.
I have tried this and it hasnt helped at all.

My family were convinced that i suffer from aniexty and panic attacks!
As i had a panic attack due to the fact i felt so ill i thought i was dying!
It wasnt just happening to me for no reason the attack.

so they took me to the doctor where he told me my symtoms were that of aniexty and panic attacks so he gave me some tablets to take.

But i still feel the same!!

I do not believe that i have aniexty ( sorry carnt spell it )

I am sick if people believeing that is what it is!!

I know its not!!!

It frustrating because no one listens to me anymore as they believe its all in my head.

I feel ill everyday from the moment i wake up in the morning.

I AM SICK OF IT!

i want to feel myself again!! I used to be fun, out going, full of engry and happy constantly.

Now im just a mess.

I resently got a new job, and have had to take sick days loads!
I DO NOT want to get fired or anything as i love my job and feeling the way i do, is going to make me get fired!!

I NEED SOME HELP! IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT IT IS? OR CAN OFFER AN ADVICE PLEASE DO!!

thankyou :-) xxx

i feel exactly the same except sometimes ill be fine then sometimes my head feels like its just giving in and im going to die ive only had 2 panic attacks an now i think they have stopped but i still have this feeling at 1st i was really hazy and foggy then it went now sometimes i feel like im just going to die and i feel sick and dizzy its like my mind is going to shut down all i can say is quiting smoking and drinking and changing my diet n getting more sleep has started to make me feel better but at 1st this might have started some of it sometimes life feels not worth living but thats only if u worry an feel bad an thats mostly when im alone but sometimes i think eating certain things can cuase you to feel bad to me i think its a few dairy products and cookies seem to make me feel worse but i gather as im getting better it will go soon all i can recomend to people is check what ur eating for a allergy quit drinking and smoking and try to get a balanced diet good luck 2 every1

Hey i am 17 too i suffer from the same things you do... i mean i don't get the swollen glands but everything else you are discribing i have and i have also been told it is panic attacks and anxiety because i fear death because i lost my mom a year ago.... and then when i feel sick i get panic and anxious and i feel worse i feel that the world is going to end and i get so sick and tired of it i wanna cry and most of the time i do... and i was skiping school alot cuz i couldn't take the feeling bad sh*t but you just have to push past it and get happy find somthing to do even if you feel lik e your going to die just take it and push past it and you will feel loads better and the thing that was bothering you will go away.... warning that it will be some other weird syptom the next week but youll feel good for a while... and i dont want to suggest this but i smoke weed too and it gets my mind off of it and it hasn't done me any harm i wish you good luck

i get that 2 its anoying i hate it i get
chest pains
shortness on breath
headaches
feel faint
tummyache
dizzy
light headed
cold/hot
and much more

hi im a 37 year old female i too suffer with the same thing as you almost on a daily basis i come over very hot and feel sick then i feel like im going to pass out i have been to the doctors many times to be told that its panic attacks im sure it isnt and i too feel like not wanting to wake up the next day as i am so fed up with feeling like this and the doctor looking at me as if i am mad . :-(

keep your head up guys same thing happens to me 24/7 i hate it iv had it for 2 years now it is panic attacks and anxiety lots of people seem to have it
u always feel like ur going to faint but you don't faint right?
yah same i hate it
im 17 and b4 i was a happy person and everything was great and this feeling everyday kills me i hate it \
i feel like im dying and now that i read all of ur posts i understand im not the only one =)))
keep ur head up
no matter what do not drink alcohol or do any drugs including weed it will make it worth down in the road...

I have read a few of these types of posts in the last few months but they have always been posted at least a month or more before i could reply but i thought i would reply anyway.
I first had these symptoms/feelings nine months ago. At first it was the worst thing i have ever gone through in my life. I felt like i was dying and spent almost a week going into the ER everyday but they found nothing and just told me i was suffering panic attacks. I never felt like it was anxiety and i was convinced it was something else and it was going to be bad. I just had this constant feeling of doom and i have always been petrafied of dying.
I would just feel really tried and drained and achy and my arms would feel so heavy. I would get chest pains and felt as though i could not breath. I would feel constantly dizzy and i could not concentrate and i even felt as though my coordination was off.
I had all sorts of blood test done, xrays, brain scans in the following months but they didn't find anything. I went through Cognitive behavioural therapy to try to fix my ANXIETY! They put me on antidepressants and things seemed to help a bit as i didn't feel like i needed to visit the ER anymore but things are still not normal.
I want my life back the way it was before. I hate feeling like this. I am thirty years old and have three kids and work full time. It effects my whole life. I feel constantly tired and achy. My head constantly hurts and i am still dizzy and a little nautious most of the time. I have lots of time off work because of doctors appointments etc. I can't even spend long in a store before i feel like i am just too tired and sick and need to go home to sit down.
I have been to the chiropractor who said my spine was out and when he realigned me i felt better but still not right and it cost too much money to see him every week.
I wonder if it has anything to do with the mirena iud i had put in 18 months ago and another doctor told me i have TMJ syndrome but none of it really seems to fit. I still have this feeling of doom most of the time too that i just cant shake.
I just wonder how i could be in a really good spot in my life just nine months ago and then all of a sudden bang my life has been turned up side down. I am still optimistic that my life will go back to normal cause there is still so many things i need/want to do but i wish someone could tell me what is wrong with me and fix me.
I could go on and on about what has been happening with me as this is just a small part of it and i wish i could find a place that i could talk to people that are going through the same thing so maybe we could help each other out. :-D

I am a 39 year old male who for the last 34 years never went to the doctor and never got sick, until 2005 when I took a product called yohimbe that almost killed me, It gave me a rapid heartbeat of 241 bpm and while in the ER I had to have my heart stopped and rebooted, ever since that whole incident my life has been living hell, I have had numerous blood tests with a CT scan, Brain Scan & Mri and nothing to show, I was introduced to anxiety and depression which I have never had in my life prior to this all, I'll start by describing a typical day to you, I wake up at 6:45 am and feel like I never slept at all even though I got 9 hours. I eat breakfast and head to work and within one hour I feel it coming over me this weak fatigue fainting feeling like the life was just sucked out of me, I get to work and it stays with me all day, It doesn't matter what I eat but sometime when I drink a coffee to help give me energy it makes me feel worse. at noon I eat lunch and try to maintain my balance to continue my work, It's like my head is in a fog and nothing will get it out, I have to fight to keep focused, I feel like my heart it throbbing and the weak feeling comes and goes all day with a constant headache. The only way to describe it would be if you closed your eyes and then crossed them while trying to look up into your head as if you where trying to look up at your forehead but with your eyes closed, Every doctor says it's all in my head but for some reason the 241 bpm heartbeat wasn't, that was the only real part, I have been put depression meds and they did nothing at all, not to mention that every doctor I have seen has tried this stunt with no results, I also always do a background check on my doctors and most of them have had severe to major depression in the past. So it's no wonder they think everybody else has the same thing, I have just about given up with so called modern medicine. When I get home from work I feel like I could just drop dead with exhaustion, I have to focus on breathing so I don’t black out,, I also had a stress test with potassium chloride,ekg,utlrasound and wore a heart monitor for a month, no problems found there, I was told that I did have a hiatal hernia back in 2005 but for some reason the last test he said no I don’t see anything like that, even though he was the one who told me in the first place. I do have G.E.R.Ds and I only take aciphex, which is the only meds I take period. So if you think you might know what’s going on I would be more than willing to listen and lets face it you won't prescribe depression meds for me,

hi everyone! i too get the same feeling! my life has been perfectly healthy im never ill then 3 months ago my right tonsil swollen i feel i have a lump in my throat, my doctor kept saying its stress! did my head in, had blood tests, swab tests everything is fine... so they say! 3 months later and still this day i have a swollen right tonsil, the doctor is now referring me to a ENT specialist! but to top it all of for the last 2 weeks i get chest pains, keep thinking im going to have a heart attack get so scared and worried because im only 18 :-( i get numb feeling in my chest, feel sick, i just dont know whats wrong with me its getting me do down because im constantly thinking am i going to die! does anyone know what this is? does anyone know will it go away! am i going to die? x

Hey everyone!I have to say Ive felt like I was alone for so long!I have had every single symptom head down to toes.I have been struggling from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder since i was 14 now that im 17 I have managed to control it but sometimes it gets to me(the crazy symptoms)like I don't have control anymore.Some days I don't want to get out of bed cause i feel like its pointless im just gonna feel sick and weak and just wanna go home and take a nap.I have anxiety stress and depression for almost 5 years now and im just trying to fined a natural way to "GET RID OF IT".I want my old life back,the outgoing fun loving girl who everyone got along with!now im the b***h tired hungry all the time teen who doesn't ever go out :-( ..this is so stressful!I tell my mom I dont feel good all the time now shes at the point where shes like "Oh Well"..I dnt know how im gonna survive when i move out i always get fired cause i feel to sick to work or i have a lot of symptoms when im working.Well thank you for letting me share my experience with ya'll.if you have any input on this letter please reply :}

Reading these posts really does ring a lot of bells.

It started in August last year (08). One sunny Saturday afternoon chatting whilst sitting on a London underground train with members of my family. Then suddenly my head feels so weird. Not a headache pain so much as a feeling of pressure and a sense that I was going to black out. Dizziness and the feeling that my mind was closing in. This triggered immense fear in me and looking back I guess it was a panic attack that followed. (what I'm not convinced about is that the whole thing was a panic attack)

I eventually ended up getting off at the next station which fortunately was my stop and lay down on the platform while my family and staff at the station tried to attend to me.

After a while of feeling that I was about to die (I remember saying 'Help Me' to everyone around me) - I started to calm down - managed to get home and felt better for about 10 days after.

Sadly for me, these feelings have gotten more and more frequent. Since september I have have daily strange feelings in my head, chest pains, arm and leg pains, dizziness and a real feeling that my days are numbered.

It's now January 09 - over four months since the first attack. I've now lost my job (which I loved) due to taking so much time off and I can barely get up in the day. I tend to stay in the flat most of the time because I either get too dizzy to go out or I am to afraid that I'll feel bad.

So far I've been to A&E (ER) 7 times and every time I've been discharged either as having Anxiety or at the most as having Gastritis (I do also get lot of gas/stomach pains that go through to my back)

I've had a Head MRI, CT, blood tests, ECGs, Chest and Abdominal Xrays and all has come up clear.

As I wrote already - I just can't believe the entirety of my problem is Anxiety alone. I do think that Anxiety and Panic disorder make up a large component of my problem but I find it hard to associate the constant feeling of being spaced out and lightheadedness with anxiety problem. Something caused the headaches in the first place and then the anxiety followed. I could be completely wrong though of course.

I have more Doctors to see in the next couple of weeks (and probably more tests).

I think for all of us we have to try to accept the possibility of anxiety being the whole problem. However, surely we can only be diagnosed with anxiety after possible physical problems have been ruled out.

Good luck everyone. I'll drop back in and update you with my story.

JJ

I have pretty near all of your symptoms that you guys have been mentioning...

I was quite healthy up until last September. I took some medication which was prescribed and had a pretty severe reaction to it. Since then I've had symtoms including; chest complaints, nausea, head aches and panick attacks. Sometimes I feel like I'm dreaming, like I'm not really awake and start to panick and think very negative thoughts.

I went to the doctors straight after these symptoms began and they told me that my chest complaints were a side affect of the medication, saying that it would pass in time. It hasn't... the next thought was that it could be asthma, as I had been exposed to damp and the allergic reaction could have triggered some of these strange changes. If your body comes under this sort of shock, it can do allsorts of strange things to you.

Asthma and allergies are just two of the things that could develop. After a while, I began to think (due to some doctors incompetence) what do I do on the days when it seems to be worse. So I kept a diary of what I ate and began to notice a pattern that whenever I ate dairy, my chest and panic attacks would worsen. And usually I would get a headache and feel sick sometimes until several days later.

I don't have any answers but my suggestions would be to firstly; rule out the possibilities of asthma and allergies. A healthy diet of fruit and veg is very important and to make sure you're taking Vitamins and drinking plenty of water. Have plenty of sleep and try to avoid stress wherever possible. If none of these work then I would deffinitely reccommend seeing a councellor or physologist and maybe trying Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. This can help anxiety, depression and post-traumatic stress disorder.

I hope that helps.

For three years i have been to ENT, a Neurologist, Cardiologist, Blood test, Heart scans and traces spent numerous occasions sitting at the doctors but have finally accepted the theory of anxiety as well as spending every waking minute and on some occasion waking up in the night and pacing the floor thinking im am dying of every killer disease known (and i must admit the internet does not help ha ha) what really annoys me is that im doing all this to myself sometimes i have severe dizzines, palpitations, chronic fatigue, neck pain, headaches, shoulder pain, pins in needles in arms and legs from chronic tension of my muscles that i might add i do not realise im doing till it hurts alot, i have a lump in my throat i cant breath sometimes the smallest mark or un-noticed vein on my body i can turn into a life threatening disease, i grind my teeth nightly. and my biggest fear is living to a ripe old age and thinking i have wasted my whole youth on worrying that i am going to die. i am only 28 with a little boy and a husband who have to put up with me panicking in shops not wanting to go out and part of me knows there is nothing wrong with and the other parts keeps on saying that sometimes my symptoms are so severe there must be something wrong. i am so pleased to read about other people who are going through the same things and have come to realise over the years that the more i read about other people going through the same things i feel slightly better when done. all i want is my life back i cant remember how it feels to well it was that long ago but please all keep your chin up cos your not alone xxx

I have come across these problems before and i mildly suffer from them now and again. But since the doctors can't tell me what is wrong, i thought about what could be triggering this effect. What if it's something new, a chemical reaction that kicks in or a new virus, or something along those lines? that's what i was thinking about, and i was like "what if it's all in my head?" but im sure it isn't. So, im afraid i can't tell anyone anymore than i already know, but i don't believe this is deadly, even if i feel like it.
Maybe the answer is in us, or maybe it's something new. We may never know

I am 57 and have had the same symptoms off an on throughout my life. I don't believe it is anxiety. There are many things that can cause these symptoms. Have your blood pressure checked and check it often yourself. Do you ever have stomach upset with these symptoms? Then it could be IBS. The good news is that you should have periods of your life where these symptoms disappear completely. The bad news is that you may have to deal with them periodically. Oh, and if you are on any medications, take them away for a few days and see if the symptoms are still there. If they go away, talk to your doctor. Good luck and you are not alone. You might want to talk to the doc about hormones too......another culprit.