for about a year now i've been going thru some bouts where i shake really bad, get lightheaded, and feel like i'm going to pass out but never do. i also get really hot and start swaeting really bad but only on my head and neck. it comes and goes, and i've asked several different doctors but no one knows whats wrong...they all just kept checking me for diabetes...but i was fine! i always shake....sometimes worse then other days, but dont always get the other symptoms...those come and go. When the episodes get really bad, i cant concentrate on anything...it take a real effort to think and perfom everyday tasks...for example im a cashier...and counting back change is hard for me when that happens....i'm starting to worry, but the doctors tell me its nothing....even my nuerologist has said the same...can u help me?

It sounds like a pancreatic insulinoma.

Sometimes I get like that and then I go into a panic attack if not careful.Make sure you aren't eating too much sugar and have plenty of protein in your blood.Eat something every 3 hours and see if this helps. You might be hypoglysemic. !

hi to the person who wrote this, im 17 and a cashier at a supermarket and i have all the same trouble as you've described and we have to stand all thought our shifts except a 15min break!, i get so foggy/light headed (i think you could describe it as that) its very hard to concentrate and sometimes when the dizziness comes i feel like im going to faint but i don't, and i also get head pains and stomach pains which hurt alot, i start to panic and shake when my heart beats weird and i get the dizziness/faintness. i feel that something is wrong, but my doctor seems useless to me as he and 2 doctors at the hospital say there's nothing wrong except for low iron and b12 levels. i get very scared at times, i wish someone could tell me what is wrong!

It's called Neuro Cardio Genic Syncope. I have it and it took many years for many doctors to diagnose it. They didn't know what it was.

Neurocardiogenic syncope is completely different. it has warning effects and it leads to fainting. You will feel upset stomach, blood rushing to your head. blood vessels in the neck control the blood flow to the brain will try to control the blood that the heart is pumping. you will have severe heart palpitations and numbness in the arm and foot. warm feeling in the face and chest pain. if you dont lay down, you will pass out. after the episode is done, you will feel so cold and shaking. dizziness and drowziness too.
It is miscommuncations between the heart and the brain. usualy if your blood pressure is low, your heart will beat faster to pump blood to your brain. Have your doctor perfrom the tilt table test and if you pass it, consider another possibilities. NCS could be treated with florinF to retain the salt in your body and that will control your blood pressure.
FYI, it seems that a lot of doctors are misdiagnosing patients with Neurocardiogenic syndrome when they can not find out what is happening. Go see a good cardiologist and neurologist and hear what they have to say and if they contradict eachother.

Take care

You may be having anxiety attacks. Look up all the symptoms of anxiety attacks...almost identical.

I've had the same problem for about 2 1/2 years except i started to get like this when i was 13 I'm 15 now and i still don't know what's wrong. I had cancer a year and a half ago and they thought it had to be because of the tumor, well after surgery i was fine for a few months and then i started passing out. At school yesterday my knees gave out on me and i got really dizzy. I also have killer headaches, but they gave me a DHE? i think and they aren't here really, just when i don't sleep and eat trigger foods. Like cheddar cheese, chocolate, caffeine, and peanut butter. So yea i know how you feel, i also have a vitamin d disorder and a mild case of sleep apnia, so i'm just a problem child. The doctors don't know what's wrong i don't either so i guess i just gotta live with it, try to come over it ya know. Well its in God's hands now, nothing i can do about it, just wanted to say you're not alone.

Your having a panic attack. I encourage you to look into what exactly a panic attack is. I had my first episode at the age of 15- sudden onset of feeling like your gonna pass out, dizziness, fast heart, sweating, feeling of impending doom..of course all of those things become worse when you continue to think about them. The bad news is, its hard for most medical doctors to diagnose this disorder. The good news is, its easily treatable. See a psychiatrist. I thought there was something wrong with my heart, doctors even went as far as testing for a tumor on my adrenal gland (so dumb). Then walked into a psychiatrists office and he gave me a list of ten symptoms (above) and asked me to identify which ones I was going through..I checked all 10. I was diagnosed with Panic Disorder (generalized anxiety disorder) which is the sudden, uncontrolable onset of panic attacks. Remember, panic attacks are good- they are our bodies way of telling us there is imminent danger and are a keen survival tool. This is why they affect your physioloigocal state (rapid heart, tunnel vision, adrenal response). But, when your brain/ body turns these reactions on for no apparent reason, you lose control, and it starts to affect the way you live your life, then you need treatment. I was treated with Paxil (an SSRI Anti depressant). 9 years later, I feel sooooo much better. When you are going through it, it almost impossible to realize what it is without being medically treated. I cant tell you how good it will feel to be able to look back on it and realize what it truly is, and how you overcame it.

wolf141 wrote:

I went to the ER today because I was feeling like I was going to faint all day. It comes and goes but I never actually pass out. I have also been burping a lot and it seems like after each burp, I experience a strong dose of that passing out feeling. My head gets really warm and my vision gets really foggy. I sat in the ER yesterday as they they checked my vitals and they also took a chest x ray. They said that except for a low thyroid amount, everything else is fine. So I left and went home thinking that I would be fine. Not only have the fainting spells gotten worse but I now also have the shakes really bad. I am really, really scared!!! Can someone please help me?

i have have the same problem, i went to the doctors, had a EKG done and they said i had a bundle blockage so he is worried somethins is wrong with my heart but when i went to the ER after i had 2 EKGs and they showed up normal and the doctors there said he might have hooked up the machine wrong or its was just old, i had also had my blood tested for everything and everything showed up fine as well, the doctor said i am having panic attacks but now when i work out my hands start tingling so do my feet and i feel like i am going to pass out then my heart feels like its going 200 miles an hour and i have always been extremely active so this is new to me. this really sucks...

Have the same problem had it a long time. stomach tightens up, start sweating, hands shake, want to pass out but never do, light headed, cant 
concentrate, heart rate fluctuates, nothing to do with panic attacks. all ive found is my blood sugar drops below 5. (fasting state) around 3.5. never been diagnosed
with anything. only happens now and then. 

im 1 week late n im feelinglike im going to pass out n i dont can i be pregnant .. pls help me i took a test but it says negative n imy lasdt period was may 29 th  so can i be one week pregnant?? or its all in my head i have 18 months old baby boy .. my period is always on time so idk wt is going on

I'm so glad I found this post. Last night while in a movie theater, My heart started to beat fast, cold sweats, and felt like I was gonna pass out. I literally shook it off. Meaning, I gave my head a quick shake and kept moving around so I wouldn't pass out. Nobody wants to pass out in public and be humiliated. So I think that started me into a panic attack. Then everything gets 10x worse. At that point, you just want to get up and run. But I calmed myself by doing breathing exercises. Just concentrating on slowly breathing in and out. Pretty soon I felt ok again. What I want to know is, why I initially felt like I was gonna pass out. I felt the same thing today. Shakey and weak with a feeling like I was gonna pass out. Scary feeling!