Ok so i guess im a natural worrier. Ive had IBS for 5 years and get worried about most things very easily. I used to be fine going to college, leaving the house and being alone, until i started getting panic attacks around a month ago. Ever since then ive had two really bad panic attacks. The first happened when i was alone, hence why i was scared being alone, the second was so bad my mam had to call paramedics and eventually after about 3 hours i calmed down. The usual symptoms of my panic attacks occur: chest pains, trouble breathing,dizzyness, pins and needles in hands or feet, fatigue, choking feeling and im sure theres a lot more symptoms others have had. Lately i have been worrying more than usual, and have been going to therapy to sort out my IBS and fears of dieing etc but i have only had two sessions. I also have medication for my worrying. Its called Kalms but at the moment i havnt seen much effect. The reason im on this site and posting is because ive been having some headaches that have been worrying me. I used to get a sharp pain on the centre of my scalp, and then this lasted for a couple of days, and then dissapeared once i stopped thinking about it. For a few days ive had a pain in my temples, either side or both at the same time. My mam told me it was probably just stress headaches, took some painkillers and was fine for a bit. But then the pain came back in my temples, but also in my forehead, and the sharp stabbing pain came back and also at the back of my head. I also get pressure around my head, usually on the forehead and on the top. I read a site about the symptoms of a brain tuma, and it said dizzyness and pressure in the head. Now this worried me because i had been feeling dizzy and had pressure on my head. i havnt seen a doctor about this yet but i am in 4 days from today, which for me is to long. I dont know if im just worrying over nothing, or whether this is something serious. If anyone could help me out that would be fantastic, but if you need any more information then please ask. I always feel like im dieing and i hate it :-(

Hi, about the pressure on the head thing, I wouldn't worry about it. I was suffering from that for about 3 weeks and it was driving me crazy, I thought I had a brain tumour aswell and I thought about it all day every day. Until I finally decided to go see the doctor and he said that a feeling of pressure on the head is mainly cause by anxiety. I still get the pressure thing, but on and off now, because I don't worry about it as much. Also, it tends to become worse when I feel anxious. Hope this helps.

Hi there...

I felt so much better after reading your story...

I myself have been experiencing a lot of headaches and tension in my head... sometimes it feels like im going crazy..

I have been to the doctors for a blood test and C.T scan and all came out negative...

I get anxiety and suffer a little from depression... only because half the time i dont know whats wrong with me.

So dont worry your not alone... i think we just need to relax and stop thinking about it.

Events in your life or hereditary factors would definately be a cause...

Let me know how you are feeling

hi thank god im not the only one ive been getting this sh*T now the past 5 weeks started off in normal panick attacks didnt know what was happening thought i was gonna die any second... then it went on to butterflys in my stomach for about a week over nothing now im on to this thing in my head like a weird sensation hard to explaine thinking im gonna just flip out big time pressure in my head light head achs that usually i would havw thought nothing of but now if i get one i think its game over for me im sick of it i keep thinking what if its not a panick attack though and there is something wrong woth me i have my self booked into get a cat scan soon hopefully it come back clear, im sick of it now at this stage but its cimforting to see im not the only one going through this hell....

Hi there
im suffering to with general anxiety disorder. My doc gave me some pills.

Just to let u know something Ct Scan is a nine month period of radiation inside your body. Do u want to get them inside you?

Its better to do an MMR test instead its much more safer

regards,
fom Malta

uh thank god , well i lost my mom 4 months ago aobut 5 months before my 18th birthday about a week after it happened i started getting panic attacks an i'am always afraid i have some life treatening condition, then after my first big panic attack i went to the hospital an they diagonosed me with panic disorder , after that i started getting these headachs every once in awhile more like a pressure point in my head that hurt somtimes it would be in the middle of my head some times the sides an sometimes the temples, after reading this i feel so much better, its probally just a symptom of panic disorders im just glad to know i'am not the only one going threw this. thanks everyone so much, this makes me feel so much better! :-D

hi everyone

i've been having some of these symtoms for more than 8months now,but i alway asume to myself that is anxiety related,why so,my twin brother have been going through these same panic attack and what not,back before i was getting them myself,he was suffering from chest pain,stomach disorder,racing heart,mild headache etc.i became stress seeing my brother in that condition and started to stress alot,about a month after i start getting chest pain, racing heart beat.my bother did lab testes and his dr said that he was alright, he was also admitted to the hospital after having a panic attack and the doctor's there said the same thing,i havent as yet seen a dr but i made an appointment,i think i wanna get a ct scan,at this moment i'm suffering from mostly headaches everyday.some times it feels like a tight band around my head,pressure point mainly in the middle and at the side of my temples aswell,my scalp also have a burning sensation and sometimes feel sore,i'm feeling a little more confident knowing there other going through the same thing and that its anxiety related and not really life threatening issues being having a brain tumor or something.

Hi i'm 16 and have been having panic attacks with 3 really big ones. I honestly thought i was dying :-(
Most of these symptoms are what I've been having and I told myself it was because of the panic attacks but really wasn't sure. This makes me feel so much better and more secure thanx! :-D
It's annoying beacuse I don't know where the anxiety is stemming from so I can't really stop it but I'm trying to put it to the back of my mind :/

Hello fellow worriers! It is so lovely to read something like this, im 19 years old and i have been having panic attacks for years now! They are kinda old hat to me - however this doesn't meant they still don't freak the hell out of me. However, reading this really helps as it makes one feel not alone! When i have a panic attack my hear races, i get hot and cold, i feel sick, dizzy, i feel like i can't cope, that im going mad that life isn't real but i know all of these are just symptoms of my panic attacks and i hope by listing these it helps all of you to know that its just what it is. Recently i have been panicing more - i go though fazes and just to reasure all of you who have just started having them - they come and go but they do GO! and you do feel normal again. I find it is a circle and the more you panic the worse they get. This is all down to an increased amount of adrenaline [sp] and the more one panic's the higher it gets. All the symptoms are due to the increased adrenaline - a good and the most effective way of controling this is to breath in and out of cupped hands making sure the breath out is longer than the one in.. this carms the body and increases the concentration of CO2 which helps reduce your adrenaline. Anyway at the moment i have been worrying that i have a brain tumor... i've convinced myself that i have all the symptoms, however most of the symptoms are also symptoms of panic attacks so i have tought myself not to worry - it still doesn't mean i don't and the fact that atm im getting more headaches than normal is a concern but bearing in mind my health is perfectly normal and i feel fine [apart from the panics] i reckon i am ok! The way i deal with my panics and i find most helpful is to think of my panics being made by a 'worry monster' which is external to me. It isn't me feeling this way it is the monster making me feel like this (always trying to get the better of me and thinking of a new illness to keep me worring). This helps. If a worry comes into my head i simply tell myself not to think about it as it is the worry monster and not me. This is obviously easier said than done but with persistence it does work! Atm as soon as i start worrying about anything i try my best to take my mind of it staright away and not indulge myself in thinking about it for 1 second. I tell myself that if i think about it now i am paniced and i wont be rational. I can think about it in 2 hours time - by this time i have stopped worrying and am doing something else and normally it doesn't seem so bad! Hope this helps. Do email me if you want to discuss them anymore! And last of all. Don't we are not alone and they do get better, there is hope and soon you will look at them as a silly period in your life! X

At first I kind of chuckled at the "worry monster" but in the same respect, it is a VERY smart idea. It make sense. Now for me, I have been having panic attacks almost everyday for the past two weeks. I am 29 and just quit smoking 3 days ago because I was told that it would help me. The feelings I get are so horrible and of course I did the typical "Oh my God, I have heart disease! I am having a stroke!!!" so 911 was called and they took me to the ER... Panic attack!!! I felt better about it but I felt stupid about it.. I mean a stroke?! really?! I feel as that I am a young guy and living a good life but the kicker is, my goods friend's 5 year old was just diagnosed with a brain tumor... I bet you can't guess what I am freaking out about now. My wife is pregnant with our 2nd, we just bought a house, I started up my own company and all those should be great things but out of the blue, I am getting panic attacks. I only feel somewhat normal when I wake up or play video games. If I have a panic attack, I feel out of sorts all day, lately my eyes have been kind of glossy and I don't feel like I am getting enough sleep.. Am I freaking out? Oh God yes! very much so! but then I just think I have most signs of a panic attack and only some of a tumor and the chances of a brain tumor is very very very low!!! My advice... If your worried about something serious and I mean anything at all, go to the doctor.. Ok you might have to pay a high bill but you will also get a clean bill of health and you can finally ease the worry meaning you can stay calm which equals no panic.. Its worth it!! I just scheduled my doctors appointment to get put on meds so not feel this way anymore because I would have found something out at the ER if anything was wrong :-) especially the brain tumor when they checked my eyes.... I am being a hypocrite here but just relax and take the steps :-)

REMEMBER!!! it is 99.3% not what your worried about!!!

Just go to your doctor I have been having headaches since I was 7 and people with panic attack disorder are prone to bad headaches and vice-versa so calm down and see your doctor I too thought I had a tumor because the pain was so bad and it seemed like the more I worried the more my head hurt, but trust me both of these conditions are very often related.

I started having panic atacks 5 minths a after I hit my head im having headaches pretty much everyday and the attacks r becoming weekly. Ive been 2 the hospital 3 times they say im not havin a heart attack ct scans r fine. I keep askin myself y am I doing this 2 myself but I have yet 2 find an answer. I feel so much better reading all the comments knowing im not alone thanks every1

HI:

Your panic attacks may not be related to your head injury.
It is very important that you get a vitamin d3 blood test for low levels of this vitamin. Lower levels of this vitamin in one's blood, very well could
trigger anxiety, depression, and panic attacks. I was one of the victims
of panic attacks due to to low levels of vitamin D3 in my blood.

I am sure your doctor has thought of thyroid blood, potassium, and magnesium blood tests, already.

Best wishes,
Ali

Hi I know this kind of feeling. I used to worry about the same thing over and over. I got two ct scans and nothing. Do not worry too much, as this is part of the panic atac sintoms. This will go away some day. You have to undestand that you won't die from panic attac, by I understand only the person who can say that, is someone who has sufered from this before. Do not worry you are no alone on this. If you need to kno more, please letme know

You should get checked but I had a bad accident a year ago today and ever since then I hav anxiety bad.. Havnt started any meds yet anxiety has me scared of meds. Anyway I know what you going threw I had th same head symptoms still do sometimes. I had an MRI down without contrast we didn't get o do contrast because I took to long with the first one because of my anxiety but they looked over it and said they didn't see a thing I finally got an appt, to see a neurologist in July but I promise you your fine it's all anxiety. Google thing anxiety symptoms it will show you over a100 symptoms n all the head symptoms it's crazy far as the meds try zoloft 25mg for a week then go to 50 or celexa 10mg you have to start low dose and give it 4 weeks to really start seeing a difference I'm working on starting to try one! Hope I helped