I am a 26 year old female. Well, I will be 26 Feb 6th 08 in about 2more weeks. I have always been on some type of medication thru my life for depression, stress etc... I was diagnosed with stress disorder at the age of 13, I have had a rough life. I have been on welburtion, paxil, lexapro, adderall, and now xxanex. I stopped taking my medication when i was like 23 (lexapro) I wanted to be able to have feelings but than i had some hard time thinking and doing school work so my doc put me on 30 mg of adderall xr it was working fine but i had hard times sleeping, twice it made my blood pressure go up till i went the hospital and my bp was 170/100 when i got to the er than after a while it went back down. I went to my doctor to follow up and each time the bp was normal so my doc told me to keep a eye gave me a sheet to keep records of it for a month. My bp was always normal i went back in to see my doc when she checked my bp it was 140/90 and we checked my machine to see if it was accurate well it was the same readings and i know i was nervous any way...well every since this the only thoughts that i have are fear and it is taking over me, i always feel like i am going to die i am scared all the time, i get to shaking, crying, sweaty palms, dizzy like the floor is coming up at me when i am in public and sometimes while i am at home, thinking of my funeral, I feel like i get chest pains, and my doc tells me i am fine put me on some xxanex...I cant live like this and this is all new to me, its been going on for like 3 months, i am a hypo with anixety and i dont know what to do...please help.... :-(

Get the book "Tapping the Healer Within" by Dr. Callahan. It's great at quickly ridding the body of anxiety and phobias. It also has great information on how to possibly rid yourself of anxiety and phobias.

The CD "Overcome Fears and Phobias" by Diviniti Publishing Spoken Word Hypnosis works very well too.

Aromatherapy, yoga, tai chi and positive, inspirational books or music could also help.

I absolutely won't tell you that these things are the be-all or end-all to anything. Maybe they could only help.

Have you been to a psychiatrist? You said you went to a doctor. I don't know if that means a psychiatrist. If not, seeing a doctor who specializes in this could probably benefit you more.

Do you have a close person with whom you can converse about this, such as a spouse, sibling, parent, best friend, etc.? Often that works best when you can just talk and get fears off your chest.

You have already received some good advice but I would add that you may want to try and find a CBT therapist or group you can attend. They will teach you how to interrupt the panic and anxiety cycle and you will be able to retrain your brain to worry less and not upset yourself so much. I worried about everything and suffered bad panic attacks before I learned how to counter my thoughts in a CBT exercise called the TEA form. Give it a try and I think you will be glad if you do. They changed my life when i was losing all my hope.

Hi, I am a 15 year old boy and I have been having some of the same symptoms as you. I have had these since about 13 years old and never told anyone( I thought I was crazy). Then this summer about six months ago, I had a blowout at a festival and ended up going to the ER. They did some test but didn't find anything. Since then the symptoms just keep worsening. I feel like i cant live anymore like this. I was wondering if we could talk. PLEASE REPLY I need help.

I feel for you. I think you might need a lighter dose of depression medication. I am on some because i was feeling the same way as you. I am 35 and have a family. I was being very mean to them and hidding in my room, so I got on some zoloft it works good for me. You have to have the right med to work for you. I have tried many others and they made me go crazy. Dont do that to yourself. Alot of it is in our minds and that over rules things sometimes. Try to think positive and get out and go shopping or for a walk. Things will get better. Good luck.

No you are not crazy and you can feel better :) See my note above and give cbt a try :idea:

HI there,

I am no proffessional or anything though i'll state my thoughts. The feeling of dying is probably the scariest thing ever, because of not knowing is there the other side or not, wether you will disappear and nothing, even a glympse of your soul will carry on :-D yeah. i kind of thought about the feeling of dying. You seem to be relating your 'disease' with stress which results in abnormal blood pressure, yes that is the effect of stress sometimes it can push your pulse higher... Hmm what keeps me thinking that the medicine you've been taking has an effect on you right now, in my oppinion you shouldn't use those mental disorder medicaments, since in theory they can work but i believe that your feeling of you dying is the after effect of your medicine since you have been using those since 13 y.o.? stress disorder in that age is sorry to say this way but b_ullS_1t, unless your parents and school or maybe (MAYBE) friends been hardcore with you.. First off you state that youre a hypo and you have anxiety, that you state you have those things is the first problem, why? home come you have them? In my oppinion you shouldn't let that fear control you, i suppose it makes it even hard for you to think then :-P you should analyze your problem, think of the cause, search for the anwser how to stop it ( i don't think medicine can help you, only you yourself can, stay strong, sharp) and keep in mind that it's only temporary and you will have to overcome this problem... eh i hope something taht i stated here helps...

I agree cbt and other therapies are much safer and many times more effective than meds are.

your not alone, im 25yrs old and going through same thing as you are. Im struggling as well, except the fact im not on anti depressant but on adderal xr.