Hi, I'm a 20 year old female doing my 3rd year program at a university. I was diagnosed with diabetes when I was 16. I'm not on medication and I was supposed to control my blood sugar with diet and exercise. I have had dizziness for a while now..it started last year in the summer when I was really stressed out. I went to the doctor about it, she told me to drink a lot of fluid, exercise etc. But the dizziness kept coming on and off, especially when I have exams or when I'm stressed out. I went to the emnergency once and they told me it's cuz of anxiety. But for 3 or 4 days now, I have been feeling really weak, fatigued, muscle aches on my back and to make it worse, I hve dizziness and my head hurts a lot.. I'm afraid I should go on medication for diabetes.. I feel like I cant metabolize the food I eat..cuZ I start feeling dowsy everytime I eat a lot..and sometimes my spit tastes sweet... Does anyone know if this is cuz of hyperglycemia or something else...

hi i have anxiety and the feelings you describe are very much the same as what i feel every day. the dizziness i get is very much like i cant get my balance and the way to describe my head is very heavy ands confused. the tiredness etc is also related to anxiety. im no doctor far from it but your symptoms could be anxiety

If you have a sweet taste in your mouth, that is usually a sign that your sugars are very escalated, what I would recommend is getting a glucometer, and testing your blood sugar each time you eat, a before and after, and record the time you took the reading, when you ate and when you took the second reading, and the time in between your taking the reading should be between a half hour and an hour before and after eating. If your sugars are above 120 before eating they are elevated and you should probably be more conciencious of what you are eating, and try and cut out sugars that are not natural sugars. Natural Sugars that are ok in moderation are fruits with natural sweet flavoring, fresh fruit is the best never drink artificially created juice only 100 percent real juice. If your sugars are low on the other hand sometimes you may want to check how a piece of bread, or whatever small amounts of food you want affect you. Take your sugar, eat something small, see what your sugars do. Track it and learn to predict what foods affect you worse. Talk to a nutritionist to help you to avoid certain foods that increse sugars, and be prepared to give up certain pleasures food wise because this is your life now, and too many people I have known have had serious episodes where they could have died if not for insulin injections. Check with your doctor if you are capable of producing insulin, sometimes your body doesn't produce much insulin and then you rapidly start to decrese production and things can rapidly change as diabetes takes hold and you loose control, the only way at that point to be able to protect yourself is to have insulin to inject into your body to break down the sugars you have inguested. Please don't put off your own health, Go To a Doctor, Now... Don't wait until you go into a diabetic coma before you get help. Diabetes is serious, managable yes, you can live a almost normal life, if you take care of youself, don't panic, take the time to understand your body, learn, and understand what you are facing and that you are not alone. My Prayers are With you...

hi im 30 an ive had anxiety for 15 yrs now, what u r sayin sounds alot like anxiety, my dizziness is almost everyday an it still to this day scares me, anxiety cause loads of symptoms which are very scarey, i also get vertigo which makes me feel like the room is spinning, i dont feel the docs wants 2 help they just wanna give anti-depressants which just masks the probs, i have 4 kids an still 2 this day my anxiety gets the better of me, im still tryin 2 find a doc thats gonna help me rather than dose me on tablets, i understand how u feel on the dizziness part as it makes me cry like a baby an i feel incompatent in life it still scares me after 15 yrs xx

i to suffer from dizziness really tired no energy ive been suffering from anxiety from the age of 18 i am now 38. after having my daughter 2 years ago im still suffering from dizziness, tired, depressed but dont want to take meds cause they can make you feel worse for a while dont want to feel worse than i already am but im so over all this just want to be able to function and just get on with life insted of feeling sick all the time also been suffering from stomach problems bloating and feeling sick dont no if that is from the anxiety. you said you dont want to take meds wat the doctor wants to give you but wat else can they really do other than that?