What could cause a burning pain in my left arm like it is on fire?
Gets real bad when holding and lifting. Feels like the old chinese burns we used to give as kids.

alot of the time this is caused by Somitization. It is the unintentional expression of anxiey, depression, or stress. If you have felt depressed/stressed lately, you should go and see yuor doctor.

Hallo,
I know that burning pain is usually cause by some problems in the nerves. Now the pain in your arm indicates that you might have an injury to your nerves in your arms. Also this can be related to your skin. Have you noticed any problems with the skin, like discoloration or the redness on the skin? Have you tried to use any medication? I also agree with the previous poster, this might be caused by the anxiety as well. Try to massage your arm and see if this helps in any way. If this continues to happen you should see your doctor. I hope that this was helpful in any way.

All the best to you,
Karen

You could have a form of tendonitis or tennis elbow. Have it checked by a bone and Joint dr. This is not from playing tennis either lol. More repetitive motion and gripping