Hey everyone,

for 2 days now i have had this wierd feeling of something caught in my throat ever since i ate a KFC chip and slightly choked on it.
I cant eat anything because i'm worried that i'll choke on it again and when i do, i panic and then the feeling of something stuck in my throat happens.

When ever i dont eat anything, i feel like i got a big ball of phlegm stuck in my throat and water wont wash it away, and if i try to regergitate it up it choke on my throat.

Does anyone have any advice for me? or has anyone had this feeling before? i'm really worried!!

You could have something stuck in your throat OR you may have irritated your throat, esophagus, and it is making you think you have something stuck.

Are you having trouble swallowing fluids? You saliva for example?

The best thing would be to have it checked by your doctor. They may insert a scope down your esophagus to check for an obstruction.

I swallowed a Vit. C caplet and it has been lodged in my throat since 10 pm Sunday night. Hot or cold drinks won't dislodge the caplet. I also ate two bananas hoping it would help move the caplet--no luck. My throat is very sore on the left side and each time I swallow saliva it is quite painful. What do you suggest?

Hi Snugs,

It's likely the caplet has dissolved by now, or been dislodged by the banana, but it may still be irritated.

If it continues see your doctor.