Well first let me say Hi as I am new here. This looked like a good place to get some help.

Alright, I'm 15 yrs of age and I've been having a problem with my throat. Its like there something down there stuck. I will swallow constantly but it doesnt seem to help. I coughed up...well not cough, just cleared my throat by myself and mucus came up and for a few seconds I felt good, but then it came back :-(

I havnt been eating much lately as its nervracking to think I could choke or something. Yesterday night, I couldnt sleep and my lungs or chest hurt like they werent expanding all the way. Then I kept shaking (I do that when Im going to throw up or nervous) and my heart is racing. I did have palipatations like 6 months ago but those are long gone...hopefully, and my chest hurt during that time also. Am I doomed? I keep thinking I'm too skinny because my adams apple is kinda big, but so are my cousins, maybe the skin is stretched around my throat, causing me to be slowly choked? I hope you can help me, I dont really wanna go to the doctors, as they will probably make me take pills or gag on a camera and I have a serios phobia of taking pills. Everytime I touch them my heart races big time. I hope I explained good enough :-)

Legend
Hey and welcome!

It sounds to me like a simple pharynx inflammation. Do you have fewer or you mentioned you kept shaking afterwards? It could also come from higher temperature ... I think it's not a big deal, just try to drink some warm teas (not to hot), and get some vegetables or fruits with a lot of Vitamin C (like paprika, cabbage, orange, kiwi, etc). If it keeps bothering you next 5 days, then go to your doc. It could happen that your organism cannot win this battle alone and you'll need to take some meds to kill all provocative bacts. The heart racing could be the implication of fear and your worry, because you think about it all the time.

This condition doesn't have anything to do with your skinny look.

Hope this will help you, if not - you'll be enforced to consult with your doc. At least your GP could give you the correct diagnosis. However, I don't like meds either, but sometimes they help me a lot!

Take care!

Pseud0

Ugh it still feels like there is something in my throat, I constantly swallow probably making my throat raw. I told my grandma, she says I should lay off the coke and eat ice cream, so I have. And when I breath in, it makes a weird sound, like my windpipe has shrunk.

Legend
Hey,

Well, if you feel the pain or breathing problems - you should visit your GP to make sure it's nothing serious. Coke or ice cream won't help you that way. It sounds more like bronchial or respiratory issue. As I mentioned in my previous post, if it keeps bothering you next few days, don't hesitate to visit your doc!

Pseud0

Your not going to believe this. I feel fine today and have eaten just like normal. It as if I never been sick. Thanks for you help :-)

Legend
Great ... Good for you! ;-)

Take care
Pseud0

Wow, was I sure wrong. Well when I inhale its as if my airway is smaller and it makes a deep weird sound. Today I did it on purpose and I choked on spit. Now Im nervous to even eat. This site pretty much sums up my symptoms. Please help, I do not wish to die or go to the hospital (too expensive).

edited by moderator****web addresses not allowed

It sounds to me that you may have some anxiety about a few things. Going to the doctors is not a bad thing. The doctor is there to help diagnose what is troubling you. If your skinny and have a lump in your throat you may.. (I'm not a doctor) have a thyroid problem.. Sometimes.. our thyroids may be underactive or hyperactive. With someone who is think it is usually hyperactive. This can be easily fixed. If you look up thyroid on the web you'll see... It can be tested with a simple blood test...
Try to relax... I get palpitations all the time... soo I understand:(
I would make a list of your issues and give them to the doctor so you don't forget when you get there... Please get your parents involved too.. I know sometimes it feels like they don't listen.. but you should... PS I couldn't swallow pills till I was 19... So don't worry about that... they have liquid for pretty much everything out there.... one day you will be able to ... but don't stress about it.. Push for the liquid version of the medications until your comfortable....:-)

Goodluck and I hope you feel better soon...

Last friday (Now wednesday) I was eating Pizza and breathed in when I ate. It felt like a piece of meat lodged itself in the back of my throat/nasal passage. Could it still be stuck? I can feel a little pain there but it could just be inflamation.

When I snort/cough up flem, I feel a tickle in the same area the pain is. Should i see someone or just wait till it falls out?

I've also had this feeling of something like a peanut had got stuck in my throat. My throats really dry and how ever much drink I drink doesn't make a differance at all. Feels like chesty but in my throat- a bubble which wont clear.Popping feeling also in my throat and it itches- feels like pressure on my wind pipe, loss my voice and times to 5 months later feels like a chip stuck in there now. o.O

wow this sounds very serious, you need to see a doctor soon by the way i have asthma and that feeling in your chest and lungs plus the sound it make sounds exactly like asthma.

Wrong, sorry but I have this too and when I eat steak or roast, on the first bite if its too big it will get hung. I've had to go to the hospital to get it taken out twice and its a bad deal. You have notch in your Esophagus that looks like this < and I don't know why some people have problems and others don't. I have to get my Esophagus stretched one a year or i'll end up at the hospital. I don't mean to scare you but I wish they would fill that little notch in, its caused me pain and suffering that you wouldn't believe. You go in the operation room and they start making room for this action, which scared me to death. They had 4 nurses in there in case you start moving and chocking. My doctor don't knock me out just kind of like drunk. Way he don't go ahead and put me to sleep, I don't know, I guess he enjoys it. We have one Stomach clinic in the small town I live in. Back to the operation, I wake up with all this c**p down my throat and I can't breathe at all, your thought is pull it out or die. The doctor Dr P in Gadsden Al starts screaming at me to stop, I say I can't breathe etc. I can't go on its to painful to think about it.

To get rid of it, figure out what foods you're eating that cause it, for me:

1.) ice cream - I don't know what chemicals they put in it today - if you rub it between your fingers, it's slimey, try that with other things, I think that can be a cause, maybe how your body breaks it down, it  can't break down that sliminess . . . only after sleeping while on your back for 8 hours, your body can clear it out

2.) tortilla chips - eat too many of these too fast, and the throat will get clogged up, like the drain of a sink

3.) salad - same thing, eat too much too fast, throat gets clogged

4.) pizza - same thing

5.) pumpkin pie - I think it's mostly the pie crust that clogs the throat - some chemical in it, combined with the texture, but when you combine the crust with the pumpkin filling, throat will get clogged

Best things to eat:

Vegetables that you chop up in food processor:  broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, tomatos . . . mix all together, put in 8 oz bell jars, and freeze, can add a slice of roast beef or pork per serving to get protein

To all the people who's suffering from feeling of choking, food that stucks in the back of the throat etc. Here's the answer... I've experienced that 2 yrs. ago. I couldn't eat, there's something stuck in the back of my throat, once I put something in my mouth i feel that I'm gonna choke even if i drink water. I went to all different doctors, specialist and went three times to ER in different locations. But still couldn't find anything and they told me that all my tests are ok. The doctor in ER told me that they couldn't help me anymore. So i decided to find out myself through prayer and browsing on the internet. I looked for all the symptoms that i have and found out that it was only Acid Reflux. The next day i went to my regular doctor and told her that I have Acid Reflux because she couldn't find an answer also of my problems. I asked her if she can prescribe me an Acid reducer and she prescribed an OMEPRAZOLE for 4 wks. You should take the pill first thing in the morning with i glass of water and don't eat anything for 1 hour. I took the medicine dedicatedly for 4 wks.and I became absolutely fine. So happy for the result, i can eat, i can drink with no problem. I really thanking our Father in Heaven for that new life. I hope and I pray that this will help. God bless us all.

yes, a Doc wants me to go in and have the camera down my throat and I'm too scared to do it, given I already feel like i can't swallow right to begin with! I said i have no problem with being put to sleep to do it, but they won't. Instead he wrote in my report that I said that "I Love going under", like I'm a Michael Jackson weirdo wanting surgery drugs for what they want to act like is nothing! But it IS something to us! When I was in the ER once for an allergic reaction (they still don't know why) where my face/lips blew up all swollen, a nurse gave me carbonated soda to drink. She said that helps to clear the throat, or at least make you Feel like it is. Now I keep liquid Benedryl and plain seltzer water on hand at home.