I'm freaking out I swallowed a piece of thin hand-nail about 3-4 months ago or longer and apparently it had gone down.  When this first happened I was really uncomfortable by it stuck in my throat nothing would help it go down I could just feel it stuck in there...I eventually forgot about it and just last night I noticed it's still there...the same discomfort as before.   I'm actually really worried it could lead to worse problems.  I'm afraid to go to the doctor and the will not be able to doing anything about it...I just wish the could put something down my throat to push it down.  Is there anything I can do I'm really uncomfortable and even start getting anxious...specially at night. 

It sounds like the sharp end of the nail has some how gotten stuck in your throat. Have you tried bread? If it is lodged tightly, nothing will loosen it. You need to see the doctor. He will be able to remove it for you. Can you feel it with your finger? Putting your finger down your throat will probably trigger a gag reflex making you possibly vomit. You should really seek out the help of a doctor tho.

Unfortuantly, the reason why the nail won't go down is that it is lodged into your throat; do u feel any pain? if not ur lucky for I believe that the nail didn't get lodged into it too deep. If theres something lodged down in your throat theres no home remedies to get it out; the only thing you can do is to stick ur fingers down ur throat pinch it and to get it out, or to stick ur fingers down ur throat and hope that ur gag reflex will somehow dislodge the nail and get it out of you. Don't try to force it down by eating large solid items for it will only make the nail go deeper into ur esophagus; but if u insist to use home remedies you need to drink a lot of water; this will  lubricate ur esophagus and it will help the nail get dislodged as ur esophagus' muscles contracts and relaxes as u swallow stuff.
The better and more assured way to get it out safety without the risk of infection from ur wound is to see your doctor. If its really bad ur doc might even take an xray to see how bad the nail is lodged into ur throat then lead a medical clamp from ur mouth to get it out.
Btw if u havn't told ur parents yet tell them; that is what ur parents are for :)

Goodluck and get well soon!