i had gall bladder surgery 2 weeks ago and they used a breathing tube. one week after i started to feel like something was in my throat and it wouldnt come out. i even tried throwin up and while tryin to make myself throw up i realized i have no gag reflex whereas i had one before. i went to the hospital and they said it was probably left over from the breathing tube. but why a week later. sometimes its worse like my throat is closing up. it started to go away so i thought it was gettin better but its back. im ready to go back to the hosptial to make sure everything is ok. has this happened to any one else? i dont know what to do.

Hey kitty.

I feel your pain mines just started like two weeks ago. when i was in the hospital everything was ok until i was release on the 16th of aug. once they release me two weeks later it started, when i eat or drink anything it go away for a bit and come back or spitting. I have asthma so its worse on me but my doctors gave me some meds one is spiriva and the other is prednisone theres one more but i dont remember the name of it. But when he gave me a shot of the spiriva it went away. still feel a little of it in my throat but im able breath. But im with you on returning back to the hospital

I am suffering this same problem

I'm suffering from the same thing. Did you find any relief?

Sorry this a late response but I had mine out a week ago & I am having the same problem. It is awful & it wakes me up in the night.