Hello, yesterday morning when I woke up, I felt like something was caught at the back of my mouth or down my throat a bit (on the right side only). I could especially feel it when I swallowed. It barely hurt, but once it was later it started to hurt just a BIT when I swallowed. I hoped it would go away by the time I woke up, and it did, but now I have a sore throat. It hurts much worse when I swallow, and on the right side again. It hurts a bit on the left side of my throat, too. When I swallow, my right ear also hurts.

I am only 14, and yes, I have told my parents about this. My mum looked at my throat last night and she said that my tonsils are very red and swollen, especially on the right side. She looked again just a bit ago, and said they looked about the same as they did last night. She talked about taking me to the doctor, but I really hate going to the doctor.. So I figured I would post here to see if anyone had any ideas or anything similar. I looked around for anyone with the same thing, but nothing seemed to be like mine. So, does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong with me, and should I go to the doctor? I'm hoping it's nothing serious. I reallyyy don't want to get my tonsils taken out. :'(

Edit: Also, I do have acid reflux, and I took some medicine for it earlier, but it didn't really help anything.

Its most likely tonsillitis. But they very rarely take tonsils out these days. You will most likely be put on anti-biotics.

It could be tonsilitis (I had it when I was very young so I don't remember the symptoms well) but the first thing that came to my mind was strep throat. Whatever it is, though, I would suggest you go to the doctor.

i have the same thing as you. but whe i swallow, my right ear hurts too. it feels like my brain hurts to when i swallow. only the right side of my brain with my ear.

what could it be?

iv got the same just woke up 1 morning wiv it then it just gets wierder. like when u swallow or when u eat etc. and my ears hurt to. any1 no wat it is or any cure?

I had something like this sounds. I had a sore throat, a cough and my ear was painful. All on the left side, my left ear and the left side of my throat.

So i left it for a week and then my ear got really really bad, i felt it hard to swallow my own saliva, so i went to the hospital and it turned out i had a quincy which has to be operated on and you will have to stay in hospital a few days afterwards taking antibiotics and waiting until you can eat.

its very dangerous as it can pop and poisen your blood stream, so make sure you get things like this checked out.