Can someone tell me more about bumps on my lips. I have noticed them while I was under a shower, few days ago. I am so worried and I know that I should go to my doctor. Till then, can I get an explanation? Thanx

It is really hard for me to diagnose you like this. The smartest this for you is to go to your doctor. However, I can help you by giving you some information. The bumps are most likely sebaceous glands, oil glands. They are not so uncommon. I would not worry about them too much, if that is what they are. Don't squeeze them, because that could cause irritation. If you have noticed foul vaginal odor, it could be a sign that there is a bacterial imbalance. This could be the result of an infection. If you do not like the scent of your vulva, make sure to see a doctor. Also, wear loose fitting clothing, dresses and skirts with nothing underneath is best. There is one thing that can also contribute to your condition. Maybe you are over washing your vulva. Once a day with plain water is really enough. If you wash it too often and especially with products that irritate your vulva, you will cause a bacterial imbalance. This bacterial imbalance results in an unpleasant odor. Anyway, I advise you to go and see your doctor.

I'm not sure if you have gone to your doctor yet, but definately don't wait. When I had the exact thing show up, it turned out that I had contracted HPV, which can greatly increase your chances of getting cervical cancer in the future. At first a diagnosis like this is really traumatic, but eventually since there is really no cure you do come to terms with it, and any future partners you may have, if they're worth keeping, will do their research and support you. Good luck, I hope it isn't serious. I ended up having to get mine burned off with a laser, but haven't had an issue with it since. There are also creams you can get to get rid of it, but the surgery is definately the quickest, least painful way to deal with it.

There is now a medicine called Gardasil. It is a series of three shots that are supposed to prevent HPV. I am currently waiting for my third shot...

Also...the reason i am here... I have one pimple-like bump on my left outer lip (except more inside the lip) and i am a little scared that it might be an STD. However... i did recently shave and hair is growing back. So maybe it is caused by shaving. If i had an STD wouldn't there be more than 1 bump???

i just discovered some on my 'lips' too.. and i'm a little worried but i'm a virgin so i don't think it'd be any kind of std... they're kind of like when you get those pimples that you can feel but they're under the skin. does this sound normal to anyone...?

yea..i have one too its a pimple like thing and its on my right lip. i am really worried about it cause i dont know what it is. It hurts like crazy and its medium size. I just shaved also so that might have something to do with it. im only 15 and i dont have a lot of sexual expierence but i did look up a lot of STDs and nothing had descriptions of only one thing such as one pimple like object. I just really hope this doesn't mess me up for life...if any one knows what I have please let me know.

I have been reading all of your comments and am glad that I am not the only one who is experiencing these symptoms.
I have just found a lump inside my 'clitoris hood'. It is about 1/3 of the size of a pea and it seems perfectly rounded. I have only had it for a few days so I don't know if it's growing or not. Am a bit worried as to what it is. Could it be just a pimple or swollen gland and if so, is there a cream or something I can use to get rid of it?

I have that pimple like thing on my outer lip as well!
It's about medium size, and it's sore, as well.
I really don't think it's genital warts, or HPV, as I have never had any kind of sexual contact with anybody.
We all would really enjoy some help. :[

But that person with the lump inside the clitoral hood does sound like genital warts. You really do want to get that checked out.

I have read all of your posts and think you should all have a little more information.
HPV can be contracted very easily and is carried in 1 in 2 people generally. HPV causes genital warts, which are small, or large bumps, there can be one or multiple bumps. These can be cauliflower looking, or just appear as a pimple or mole. They are be external or internal.
Gardisil is a wonderful shot that is strongly recommended for all women to avoid some (ONLY SOME!!!) stands of HPV. There are a multitude of stands of HPV, each can have different effects. Some cause cancer, some cause warts, and some are just a standing virus in your system.
If you have contracted HPV and have possibly been exposed to the strand that causes genital warts, the warts can go away on their own without treatment. THIS IS NOT A RECOMMENDED WAY OF DEALING WITH THE VIRUS!!! I am just informing you that you should get checked and tested even if the bumps disappear. This is a virus, which means your immune system will attack it, but there is NO CURE for this! You can go into remission and the virus can go undetected and you can be safe from spreading the virus - but it is still stagnent in your system. A flare up and breakout after any treatment and years of remission will always be possible. There are many forms of treatment for this virus and genital warts if that is your case. Please just go see a doctor and have them check it out. You should never be embarassed or ashamed, it is very common, and happens to good people. Do not get down, millions of people live very normal, wonderful lives with this virus. It is not as serious as other consequences, just take it as a lesson and be safe.
Herpes is also another option. Most people will experience pain with herpetic breakouts and the bumps are red in color. Small, and usually multiple bumps will show up at once.
Enough of the hard stuff! It could just be a pimple! Women are moist down there and it happens.
Also, if you shave, could be a ingrown hair.
Just keep an eye on it, and see a doc.
Hope this all helped!

oh my gosh. seriously, like ive been freaking! i just saw that i have a pimple type thing on my right side. it freaked me out. im only 16 and i'm still a virgin, but i've had like, "skin to skin contact". I'm just a little relieved to see other people have had this happen to them too.

look up bartholin gland cyst, i think this suits your descriptions.

Guest wrote:

Guest wrote:

I was just looking up information about STDs, because of "red lump/bump" on my outer lip that i discovered on me this morning. It hurts. In one of the articles i read i found that this lump could be a sebaceous cyst that can come out from a "swollen hair follicle", which isn't that dangerous. Even so, a doctor check up is recommended. Any how, I freaked out even by knowing it can be a common and little thing!

so ive had like a medium to large bump like just below my bikini line on my right leg. its sore if i touch it but other than that its just there? I also have a red bump that looks like a pimple on my left lip towards the inside and a skin colored little bump on my right lip that has like one or two black small dots? Ive noticed the black dot bump for a long time now and I have no clue what it is. The other two bumps just appeared. I am 15 and I am a virgin so I have no clue what they could be. I do shave and have razor bumps but these are different. help?

I understand if many of you are worried as I am as well. I plan on getting checked soon. I've noticed a few bumps (small but noticable) mostly on my right 'lip'. I do shave so I suppose it's a possibility for this to be a result... buuuuut I'm still worried. I do recall this happening before but the bumps went away. I've had my Gardisil shots a couple years ago (thank god I got those over with).

I guess I'm just here for some comfort in knowing that I'm not the only one here bugging out about this.

I have the same problem as everyone else and i have for about 2 days now. I have a small bump on my left 'lip' which is very small but visible. I do not know what it is but it itches and is very tender to touch. I went and bought vagasil to stop the itching but i still don't know what i have. Im 15 years old still a virgin but have had some skin contact down there I don't know where this could be coming from. I shave and i'm hoping its just an ingrown hair. I know it has only been two days but i dont know what to do. Help?