what is inner labia for and what are the tny bumps all over it?

I am 28 and have wondered about my labia too. they r dark brown and bumpy. At one time I thought i had warts because ive never seen any like this. But I am findingout that most womens private areas do not look like those of women on pornos!

yes we all (well most of us) have skin tags around that area and they come in different shapes and sizes and porno ladies are airbrushed to perfection :-) but if you have doubts a visit to the doc's won't do no harm, so just go and put your mind at rest...i have them too, its quite normal.

Oh my god im so glad ive found this post!

porno ladies are airbrushed?
recently ive been really worried that when my boyfriend gives me oral hes like ew what are those bumps cos the tongues really sensitive and will obviously pick up stuff like that.
Ive been embarressed about it recently cause ive never noticed it before... really tiny, useless bumps!

i have the bumps too, my fiance doesn't seem to mind them or think of them as strange, although it is settling to know that others have them too. i thought that they might be warts too, but i think they are normal, as long as they are not white or have puss.

I have the same thing! It really scares me, but they don't hurt, are under the skin. I looked it up and I found something called Fordyce's spots and some of the pictures look like what I have. Its harmless, but not visually pleasing. There's alot of women who have it.

I have them too.

The only difference between you folks and I is I know I have HPV. My husband ended up giving me HPV after he screwed around. We didn't last long. I just assumed the bumps were part of it. The doctor actually said that the goosebumps in my inner labia have no connection with the HPV.

For those women who have recently tested negative or positive for HPV....PLEASE get the Gardasil shots. There are three of them, and you get one shot about every three months. Even if you have tested positive, it can still protect you from the other 100 sinister viruses out there.

I told my boyfriend about it before we started a physical relationship b/c it completely made me feel less of a person. (Also, you must always tell your partner about anything you have, it's the only right thing to do.) I felt like damaged goods. He understood and his priorities were to comfort me first and continue to treat our relationship in the same manner as before. I heard on average, 1 in 4 women have it, and men usually have no clue they are carrying it. I don't think I slept with a lot of guys......the count is at 5 monogamous relationships, and I used condoms with 4 of them.

So, please get this Gardasil shot ladies. I'm not from a drug company.....just an average woman that got dealt a bad hand.

Oh, and yes ladies in porn are airbrushed. Many of them also do anal bleaching and lemon juice to get rid of the darker color.

Take Care! :)

I think alot of women have these lumps, but if you've never found one before, its really scary. About 6 weeks ago, I found a tiny painless lump in my labia, and got sooo scared. First thing is "oh God..its cancer!!" I didn't know how long it had been there, ect. I asked my fiance who is a doctor (cardiologist) and he said in my case it was a small cyst, or ingrown/infected hair. He said he was sure it wasn't cancer, and more than likely, it would go away, but it might take awhile. It never did hurt, or get bigger, but it did get harder and a few days ago while bathing it fell off. But it was really frightening, and if my fiance hadn't been a doctor, I would have thought for sure it was cancer. Ladies, I know it sounds weird, but check yourself out "down there"...and be reassured that about 99.9% of the time, those weird little things are nothing..but if you find something, and you don't know what it is...get it checked out!

I have bumps on the outside of my vagina.
My mom says that they are just razor bumps and that there are hair follicle underneath them(in other words she's saying that you get them when you shave too much)

I also have them on the labia but I know that's only natural.

Bit the ones on my mounds really freak me out.
What are they and are they normal?

I have it on the inner labia minora it doesnt hurt and is kinda hard but thats about it... i got freaked out cus I discovered it a while ago so here Iam still a bit freaked but well there isnt nothing bad Ive done... have had sex always protected and with the same partner for years... just hope it isnt anything bad...

If you are freaked out about it then it can't hurt to see a doctor about it, right? I don't think it is a big deal but it wouldn't hurt to check with a dermatologist to see that things are okay. I hope that they are but do make sure to talk to them about it just to make sure that things are okay, please? let me know how it goes.

I love this website! It has all the awkward important information my mother never had the thought or desire to share with me.

Now I know that tiny bumps on the labia are normal and I don't feel like a weirdo! Finally at 18 I know lol.

Also, ladies, I have to warn you:

DO NOT USE FEMININE PRODUCTS THAT CONTAIN SYNTHETIC FRAGRANCES!!! ie: Summer's Eve Feminine Wash, Vagisil Anti-Itch Cream/Cleansing Pads, and any scented tampon or pad. They will cause almost unbearable itching and burning after an extended period of time, and you will need to switch to completely fragrance free shower products (yes, shampoo, conditioner, and body wash run down there, and will irritate it..at least they do it to me.) It's a nightmare, ladies. If you have any irritation due to normal sweating, period, etc, use Cortizone cream. It is everything these "specialized creams" are minus the burning chemicals known as fragrance. The little skin tags in your labia will thank you

"Newbie" Just to point out the HPV injection only helps to protect you from "4" of the HPV viruses and it doesn't fully protect you it just decreases your chances by less than 60%

That is a good point, although it does prevent and limit your exposure to the disease. If you use a condom and get tested with your partner, it decreases your chances by almost 100%. That isn't bad, now is it? :)