A couple of days ago after my period i noticed itching in my vagina lips and burning when i went to the restroom.
I had sex about two weeks ago, and it was unprotected.
I'm wondering what it is i contracted, because i looked at myself in the mirror and there appear to be small red bumps on my lips, very minute ones, and they itch whenever i touch them.

What is wrong??? :$

I have the same problem, except for the burning. I had sex over two months ago and it WAS protected.
I got the tiny red bumps a day after I got my period, and they itch. I'm scared i have herpes or something along those lines, but I've never had unprotected sex.

If anyone has an answer, PLEASE e-mail me at _[removed]_

Any adivce is appriciated...

im not sure wat it is myself ive got the same problem ive been with the same person for 2 years having unprotected sex and it was until five months ago i had 2 bumps that was a results from me scratchin then when i went to the bathroom it burn like hell so i pour warm water while im going and it feels better they say its not herpes so i dnt kno wat it is

I'm sorry to say, but it sounds like herpes

I don't think u r right, its not herpes. I have it too, and its a yeast infection.

I have been having the same problem... I had sex about a week ago. Once was unprotected but he didnt cum and the other times were protected. I had not had sex in 8 months because I was married to a man in the military who was tested every 6 months and came up clean every time and am now going through a divorce. The guy I had sex with only had had sex once before me that was protected. Well a few days ago I noticed an itching. Just today I noticed small red bumps around the entrance of my vagina and it burns a little when I urine but not much. The bumps dont look like blisters just really small bumps, maybe the size of pimples or smaller. I also was diagnosed with cancer and am now going through chemo. My doctors have told me that chemo may cause bladder problems. Do you think that is what it is? Did anyone find out what theirs was? Can anyone help me? Any advice is appreciated!!

I have the same thing, I had sex a few days ago with my boyfriend, I'm the only person he has slept with and have only had one other partner before him and know about his previous partner, so i don't think its a STI. But it's very small reddish pinkish bumps you can barley see mostly just feel around my vaginal opening and on my inner labia... They are very itch and it burned when i peed after having sex the other day... The Itching didn't start until after having sex and I'm very red down there... Could it just be irritated? Or just because I'm due to get my period soon? Has any one else found out what it is?

I had the same problem with protected sex few days later i had red spots kinda things that hurt and stung. i think its due to irritation.

i can relate somewhat to every post. i noticedd the itching/burning feeling in the shower at first. i had to look really close to even see the bumps but i could definately feel them.

i had the same itching around the edge of my vagina it went on for about a week, i saw the doctor and she said i had a bacterial infection, the itching stop while i was taking the medication but now 2 days later it has begun again. I do notice some extremely small bumps in the itching area but they only feel like a small rough spot.  It is very uncomfortable and im not sure what else I can do.  I also had protected sex yesterday with the same partner i've been with for over a year i don't think it's due to the sex.

I have one promenant itchy red spot on my labia majora and it gets soooo itchy, it doesn't really hurt when I itch it, just an overwhelming relief feeling. It doesn't hurt whenever I pee and I first noticed this a couple weeks ago.

I am sexually active with my boyfriend and we do have unprotected sex (I am on the pill though)

I would like to know what this could be as well

Its not herpes..

You can pick this up after sex , using tampons, period pads, after your period, oral sex , g strings

Its a irritation it forms a rash like sympton with tiny little red bumps & stratching at them spreads it and causes it to hurt even more. also when you go to the toilet it tends to sting in some cases its noting serious just go to the chemist you can get cream for it.. works a treat .

Hey guys,

I, too, am suffering from this problem. At first I thought it was thrush, but then I noticed the itchy red bumps around the opening to the vagina, and had the same worries about stds etc. I had sex about a week ago with a guy I've been seeing for a while. He is BIG downstairs if you know what I mean - I really do think that the bumps are caused by irritation from repeatedly having sex, and not being wet enough (causing friction). However, we may all be experiencing different things here, so I would say that if they don't go away soon, you should speak to your doctor.

Usually something like this is yeast or prickly heat.  A baking soda bath or yogurt down there may really help alot.  It does for me.  You can try putting miconazole (Monastat) or clotrimazole (Lotrimin) on the irritated area, and you can find that at any drugstore and many food stores.  You can even use this on your feet, under your breasts or any part of your body, for athletes foot, or yeast on your skin that is irritated.  The doctors usually prescribe Mycalog for this.  Sometimes it's hard to tell if it's a bacterial infection or yeast and you may need to treat both.  They can be treated together or separately.  For bacterial infections doctors usually prescribe Metronidazole (cream or tablets).  I don't know of anything that is over the counter.  But some people have good luck at health food stores. Doctors also recommend less or no sugar, breads, pizza etc.  It's really important that you don't let this get you down, it will go away.  These things are pretty scary and very depressing but they will pass and soon be just a bad memory.  Also, just because you have it once there is no guarantee you'll ever have this again.  For daily prevention, once cured, you can eat plain yoqurt, take acidolphilus, or AZO makes a good product, and take a baking soda bath once a week.  Usually I use a quarter cup of baking soda in my bath and soak for 20 minutes. You can also sit in a tub and place yoqurt on your private area for about 20 minutes and then rinse.  Yoqurt is also good on any part of your body.  It's important to keep dry and any athletes foot powder, believe it or not can be sprinkled down there to keep you dry or cornstarch.  Always pat dry or even blow dry your private area.  I hope this helps someone.  And wish everyone well!

I have this problem chronically. I also have chronic yeast infections. According to my Family doctor and three gynoeocologists, it's irritation from the yeast. I apply a little anti fungal cream when it's bothering me and within an hour or so I don't notice it anymore. I would suggest having it checked to confirm what it is but I know in my case and for many other women, especially if you use hormonal birth control, yeast over growth is the culprit.