Hello everyone, 

I had a question about the chances of becoming pregnant during the first week of starting bcp's. I started the pills on a sunday. I am wondering what my chances are at becoming pregnant since I had unprotected sex the day after the first pill and again on the 5th day. Does any one know if my chances are high for pregnancy? And does any one know if you just started birth control again after a year of being off it if you ovulate or, are fertile in the first month of taking them? I know it was probably a mistake being unprotected, but me and my boyfriend would be ok if we did end up being pregnant, im just wondering how likely it is in my situation. 

with birth control you are supposed to wait at least a month before you have unprotected sex. it takes that long for the hormones to build up in your system. your doctor should have discussed that with you.