Im not sexually active. My last encounter was nearly a year ago. I have noticed that off and on over the course of a few months my precum develops a fishy smell to it. No other problems seem to occur and I do not suffer from itching or swelling or anyother problems. Just when I become excited during masturbation I smell this oder. I have used some antibiotics that I had left from a cold (Bioxen) and the smell goes away only to return maybe a few weeks later. Is this an std from long ago coming back to haunt me?

I have this exact same situation. You ever find out anything about it?

-Adam

Same thing for me. My theory is that I masturbate a lot without showering/cleaning afterward, and the cum residue grows stale and gives off this cheesy smell.

I have tried not masturbating for multiple days, up to 2 weeks, and cleaning my genital area very well every day. I am uncircumcised, so of course this means pulling back the foreskin and letting soapy water run over the head of my penis. After this I noticed the smell was almost entirely gone, and after masturbation it came back ><

Hope this helps.

I actually had the same problem and I recently found a product that prevents and removes male genital odors. It's called NodorO. I tried it, not hoping much to come out of it, and it actually works.

It's mainly for us uncircumcised fellow.

Raemee

**edited by moderator**

that sounds like something my partner could use. where did u get NodorO from is it available over the counter?

sam

it could be smegma. its an order that u get from not washing your penis regularly for those with "extra skin" its easier for "things" to build up under the hood so cleaning yourself is the best way to go.

It could be trichomoniasis. I suffered years of smelly penis....Finally found out what it was...They do not normally test for this when testing for std's. Easily fixed

Okay, so precum is also known as semen (minus some other fluids that are found in semen after cumming). Semen contains the chemicals putrescine, spermine, spermidine and cadaverine which give it it's smell and taste. If you look at the names "putrescine" and "cadaverine" you know it's going to smell bad or rotten, thus the fishy smell you're talking about. The amount of these chemicals you have in your semen are different amounts than most people so your's smells fishier than most peoples. Don't worry I know a friend that has the same problem. As far as getting rid of the smell...wash it off or wipe it off to get rid of it temporarily...It is best to get advice from a doctor if you can.

Try Pineapple. Pornstars swear by it. If you have a diet rich in meats that can also cause it. If you don't want to cut back on the meat try pineapple.

I have this problem every now and then. And then I discovered something. I used to take fish oil capsule everyday and believe me, my penis smelt fishy everyday too. I stopped taking fish oil. The smell stopped too. But then it re occurred. I realized that when I ate fish, it would make my penis smell fishy. Very nasty smell. Then I avoided fish diet. The smell went away. It seems my body could not break down the fish oil or whatever it is that makes the fish smell like it does. It didn't happen to me when I was younger. I think I lost something like the enzyme responsible for breaking down the fish substance in my diet. Try it. It might work.

I have been having a problem with a fishy smell around the head of my penis (I am circumcised) when I masturbate. Where is this smell coming from because I shower twice a day, and I don't eat fish? I really need to get rid of this smell because I don't want the next girl I am with to be turned off and think I don't have good hygiene because I absolutely take care of my body.

im a 46 yr old male and having same problem. I wash daily and make sure I dont drip after peeing. The smell is related to masturbation and sex and is definitely caused by a trace remainder of semen. But is there anything that can be done to alter the chemical composition in order to remove the odor? I too think its a yeast infection that is the root cause

i tried looking up the NodorO but it appears they have gone out of business

hi men its a lady here when a woman gets a fishy smell its called bacterial vaginosis i believe it can be passed on but is not an std like thrush thats not an std but the bacteria can be passed on hope this helps (p.s usualy if we women smell that smell we head sraight to a doctor if your shy go to a gum clinic where thy wont know you )

just you need to pull back your foreskin and wash in it properly, its just clogged up sperm down there:/
not nice haha:)

Well this can be caused by several different things. An STD called Gardnerella, your diet, dried semen in the folds of the foreskin after masturbating and not getting it all off of your penis. My advice for you is to wash good everyday, go for three to four days without masterbating, when you masterbate clean yourself immediately, change your diet, and if it still does not work go to your doctor and get tested.