Recently I have noticed vaginal discharge. Also, it seems to me that it has unpleasent odor. I would like to know more about this. What do you think has caused this? I would appreciate any information.

Bacterial vaginosis is a mild infection in the vagina caused by a type of bacteria. The vagina normally contains a lot of good bacteria, called lactobacilli and a few other types of bacteria, called anaerobes. Too many anaerobes can cause bacterial vaginosis and it is unknown why the anaerobe bacteria overgrow and cause this infection. With this infection you may notice a discharge from your vagina that can be clear or colored, light or heavy. It can also have a fishy smell. This is especially the case after intercourse. Some women have bacterial vaginosis without any symptoms which does not mean that they are ok. If the infection is left untreated, the bacteria can get up into the uterus or the fallopian tubes and cause more serious infections. I hope that you will go to your doctor and get a proper treatment.