Hi there! I am a 17 years old uncircumcised male and my penis started having a very unpleasant fishy odor and there are some white spots that I can wipe off under the foreskin. What is this? Does anybody have this as well?

Hi! Don’t be so worried, what you described is a normal secretion called smegma. It is composed of dead skin cells and natural skin oils, and collects under skin. It should go off with bathing. It does have a bad smell if not washed away. If you wash yourself on a regular basis there shouldn’t be a problem.

Butcus is right. Smegma is a very common daily problem for uncircumcised boys. In addition to foreign matter and substances he mentions, there are also other bodily secretions of more than one kind which create and contribute to this. The environment under the damp, warm unretracted foreskin amounts to a dank swamp that is the perfect breeding ground for bacteria that generate sugars, and those are the fould odors you smell. They can reproduce in as little as two hours after thorough cleaning, so that even daily cleaning may not be enough, especially in hot or warm climates. If the problem is severe, you need to focus on more frequent and prolonged foreskin retraction so that the entire area underneath can breathe and dry out.

I have been reading a lot of things about the uncircumcised penis, trying to know as much as I can. My boyfriend has one, but we have not had sex yet. The more I read the more I worry. Now I know it is more sensitive then uncircumcised ones. The whole cleaning issue, I don't want to get anything from him. I don't want to come out and ask, "Do you clean your penis the right way or enough?" That's embarrassing! Is there anything that I should know about? Other ways to please him, what I should be careful not to do?? I have no idea!

Can a 72 year old fat boy weight in on this? I suspect that you wear brief style underwear...........bad, go buy yourself some boxer style underwear, i.e., let'r hang. Get those jewels away from your body, givr them some breathing room. And yes, it important to keep yourself clean for yours and your partner's mental health. If you're unciurcumsized, pull your fore skin back and give it a good rubbing, no soap. Then utilize a fan or even better, a hair dryer to get yourself plenty dry. The dryer the better. Don't run that hair dryer on high or you'll burn that pinkie.

Good hunt'n

Use women's feminine wash like summers eve that works for me no smell at all and make sure to was after sex and masturbation.

Yes So Do i I Dont Know What They are Either

An unpleasant, earthy or fishy smell is often the result of bacteria growing under the foreskin. The best way to eliminate the problem is to wash thoroughly, leave the foreskin retracted so the head can dry, and to use a penis vitamin cream (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil) that contains vitamin A, which is a natural antibacterial and can help to eliminate fishy odors.

Not to worry Stradling, its just smegma. When showering be sure to pull your foreskin back and give the head and the "gutter" and the shaft a good wash.

I'm uncircumcised as well. This is very common with uncircumcised penises. I wash mine AT LEAST twice a day to avoid that smelly build up (I can't think of the term but I know it's dead skin and bacteria). About once a week, I clean with alcohol (It burns, so try at your own risk) I've also found that using feminine helps control the smell. Sometimes regular soaps leave a build up when not rinsed properly. The feminine wash is PH balanced. I also use extra Virgin olive oil and aloe vera gel. The Aloe vera gel helps fight bacteria growth, and the olive oil keeps the foreskin healthy. I use the gel during the day and olive oil during the night. They're both oderless and tasteless, so if you plan on getting intimate your mate won't even notice. My girlfriend doesn't. Don't over use them though. I do about 4-5 times a week..... I know this is a lot, but I had to deal with these problems since I was 12. Just passing along knowledge my brother.

It is called smegma my young friend. It is totally normal for uncircumcised males. However, it seems that odor-causing bacteria are collecting within the smegma, and you need to destroy it. Start using a penis health creme containing Vitamin A every day. The Vitamin A will target the bacteria causing the smell, and you should see an improvement within a few days. Hope this helps.