Everybody’s talking about the benefits of flaxseed oil lately. Flaxseed oil is good for cholesterol, heart disease, blood pressure, then flaxseed oil is good for menopause, infertility, skin problems but nobody mentioned anything about constipation and hemorrhoids. Whenever I think of passing stool I develop anxiety because such pain I haven’t even felt when I was giving birth to two of my children. Does anybody have any info on flaxseed oil and constipation? Or if you happen to know any other treatments, your replies are more than welcome!

Hi there! I don’t know about the oil but ground flaxseeds can help ease the passage of stools and thus relieve constipation, hemorrhoids and diverticular disease because they are high in dietary fiber. I also know that flax seed oil may prevent painful gallstones from developing and even dissolve existing stones.