Hi! I’ve got three kids and the flu season is coming so I’d like to know if my kids need a flu shot. I need to mention that my youngest child is 3 years old and have asthma, so does he also can get a flu shot?

Hello. Of course that your kids need to get a flu shot, although many parents doesn’t think so, but I surely recommend it. I’m a pediatrician and am very convinced that a flu shot can help in preventing your children of strong flu symptoms or even preventing them of getting flu at all. Now, as your youngest child is in a special condition regarding his age as well as his health condition-you mentioned he has asthma- you need to know that flu shot that he may take is called Fluzone. Also, this flu shot I recommend to your oldest children, too. Of course if you don’t want your children to get flu shot it is ok, but anyway here’re some risk group who needs to get flu shot: children aged 6-60months; pregnant woman, persons over the age of 50, youngest and adults with chronic health condition such as asthma. I strongly recommend that your child diagnosed with asthma get a flu shot since he is a high list group. But the same recommendation refers to your other children too, since the “household contacts” take a main role in getting flu.