I have a very bad head ache, sore throat, achey body, and I feel very dizzy often, and at night I get fevers. I have been like this for three days almost. What could the problem be? they gave me a strep test and that is not it.

I have the same thing!

Is yours better now?

sounds to me exactly like glandular fever but im no expert

hi i have had this weird feeling in my head for 2 days now and i have had aches and pain and i had a feeling like my eye was burning and a swore throt what could this be ??

My wife and I have this as well. the strep test is negative and they suggested mononucleosis, however neither of us have any splenic/liver swelling. We keep taking sinus meds and tylenol/ibuprophen. We feel almost totally OK during the day now after about a week but still get weak and feverish at night. my Wife has a prescription of Amoxocillin but it seems to be doing little for her. I have take only over the counter stuff and feel about the same as she does.

I had this same problem about a month ago and was put on Z-pak, I started to get better after two days.

It is probably Mono. Good Luck! The doctors thought it was strep throat too, but that wasen't it.

You can get mono from kissing, The Kissing Disease. Using the same utensils, sharing drinks etc.

I have the same sore throat,aces and pains in the body,head acks,and a fever on and off all day. Anyone here find out what this might be from a doctor?

how many of you guys smoke?

in my case the first symptom came from smoking with a sore throat, its not the first time its happened either. Im not saying you have to smoke to get this but its the cause in my case. It lasts under a week, usually between 2-5 days. its hard to get out of bed because i feel so weak. I have the fevers at night and the glands at the back of my throat become physically swollen, one time the swelling was so severe that i had trouble breathing. I dont normally suffer from headaches but they hurt so badly in the first few days.

The doctors were always clueless so they treat it like you do the flu.
I have no idea if its contagious but it appears to be. the only thing i can guess is smoking is not the cause but a catalyst.

As for a cure there isnt one i know of. Keep yourself well hydrated, when your nose is blocked you normally breathe out of your mouth, which does not help. so drink very often. Plenty of bed rest. But try and walk around the house occasionally (i find this help alot) i know it can be difficult though.

I started feeling the 'flu' like symptoms Tuesday evening at work, sore-ish throat and tired achey body. I then went out for a smoke. I had a vicodin left over so I took that when I got home before going to bed to help out with the aches. It didn't work out as I hoped.

The best help is from ibruprofen, as I have a couple 800 mg tablets left over. It takes the body aches and makes me sweat, which has always helped when I feel like this.

Well, it's Thursday night and I still have body aches, sore throat, not much of an appetite, headaches, dry mouth, dizzy, weak and a horribly plugged up nose that all that comes out of it now is blood, but it's still plugged, go figure.

From what I've found out that helps is sleep really warm so you can sweat the night. It is uncomfortable but somehow it helps

i have basically those exact same symptoms! at first i just thought it was flu but now im not so sure, it feels like my glands are swollen - im having difficulty swallowing saliva/food and its really quite painful, at first i was having pounding headaches and now i keep getting these horrible ear aches and my ear is really kinda blocked up and keeps humming, i feel really weak and achey and my chest feels tight. what could this be?

i had the exact same thing and it turned out to be a gallbladder attack

Hi all, today (Tuesday) I woke with a slight headache. As the day progressed I developed a sore throat and the headache has gotten more severe. I have also suffered body aches especially in my arms for some reason. My latest symptom was feeling woosy or dizzy and light headed. I am very tired.
This has me very worried because I have a progressive disability and my body is unable to fight off an illness. A simple cold can turn into something much worse. I am hoping this is just the old fashioned flu bug if anything. Because of my illness I only leave the house 1 to 2 days a weak. Usually to go out to breakfast with my husband. I don't remember being around anyone that was ill.

hot flashes and apparently no fever.
from what i hear is going around at my school (flu, mono, strep) i want to know if any of these can be ruled out or if it isnt a good idea to go to work or school.

Geez I have the same thing, I have really bad head aches, sinus pain, body ache, tiredness, dizzy, feverish, sweating alot, sore throat but my test came out negative I need something really bad, my head feels like its going to pop,