I need some advice please.

Today is Friday and my symptoms started showing up on Wednesday. I woke up on Wednesday feeling really light headed and my throat was scratchy (I attributed it to the very increased pollen counts). As the day progressed, I felt better from moving around but I still didn't feel 100%. I left work early, went home, took some tylenol extra strength, and slept for two hours. I woke up feeling much better, thinking it was just an allergy thing.

Thursday morning, I woke up and felt dead to the world. It hurt to swallow, my throat was tight, and my glands were very enlarged. I also didn't sleep well Wednesday night due to a fever (I had two fevers that both broke). I took the day off from work, popped some vitamin c, drank orange juice, water, ate some food (though I wasn't very hungry), and took some more tylenol. Needless to say, but 7PM I was feeling great (just kind of light headed still and with a sore throat).

This morning I woke up feeling the same as last night... it still hurts to swallow but not nearly as much. And my glands are going down as well. So I took some more vitamins and here I am. My appetite is back and I'm not sleepy...

Any thoughts on what this could be? My first thought was strep throat... but my mom looked at my throat (she's a nurse) and said it wasn't strep. My throat was just really red.

Also, I'm thinking that this is just a coincidental injury, but before all of this began, I bit the bottom of my tongue (somehow). It starts to heal and I move the wrong way, injuring it again. It's a very small slice... it feels like a razor blade cut.

I'd really appreciate any advice!

Hi:
I really appreciate that your mom is a nurse, but an actual test for strep should be done. You can see strep, but what if it's further down and not quite visible yet. Strep can turn into a permanent heart problem if it's not treated. Furthermore, the fever indicates infection, which should be treated medically, with the correct type of medicine. That can vary. I know you'll be feeling better soon with the proper treatment. Good Luck!

it might be strep throat. i had it 3 times and that is the same thing i had. tylenol and throat medicine do not work. you have to go to the clinic and i got ammoxicillin

I think that is probably likely although tis' been five months since the person has posted the thread--hopefully they went by now. If ou're still around, can you tell us if you have?

I have the exact same symtoms except no fever that i know of , my tounge hurts , and my throat pains . . its not like a normal sore throat ..And one of my glands are swollen for sure , im going to the docter tomorrow and i will post back to what the docter said incase anyone needs answers ! :-D :-P

Hey, I've slowly been getting rid of a cold! But at the minute I have slightly painful, swollen glands! And the back of my tongue is sore! I'd appreciate some advice very much! I'm just a little worried and Im not sure weather to go to the doctors yet! I have been suffering these symptoms for a few days now! Please help? :( Thanks! :)

i'm haven the same thing happen to me but last night i was so afraid i wasnt going to wake up i couldn't breath very bad night sweats dizziness. ihad this thing for two weeks and its not getting better it's worst. so i'm on my way to the hospital. i'm glad you where able to take care of it your self.