Hey,

So I guess I should give the general rundown of my health, first. I take Yasmin, as well as Zoloft 50 mg once daily for depression and panic attacks. I get migraines and have general body rundown due to being a ballerina for 15 years. Generally, I am relatively normal and healthy. I am female, and 23 years old. I moved to Israel in Sept., and got all the necessary vaccinations, etc.

About a month ago, I hit my head, and had a few weeks off work. As soon as that got better, on my second day back at work, I had a migraine so bad that I ended up throwing up.

Now, approximately a week later, I think I have food poisoning, but I'm not sure. I think it is this because almost all my web-searching has pointed in that direction (besides a few ovarian cancer articles and something about Zoloft side effects, but I've been on Zoloft for years, and this is new). Also, last night I had chinese takeout for the first time since moving, and within a half an hour of eating it, I was bloated and REALLY needed to go to the bathroom. Here is the rundown of what went on:

Within a half an hour, I was nauseated, and had painful gas and bloating. I needed to run to the bathroom several times in a row, and it alternated between diharrea and constipation. I felt like I wanted to throw up, but didn't.

Within an hour, I was doubled over with pain in my abdomen, and having chills and shivering/shaking uncontrollably. I still had nausea, but not so much of the bathroom problems anymore, besides the gas.

The rest of the night, the chills/shaking continued, as did the gas, nausea, and abdomen pain. A hot water bottle helped a little. I slept with a bucket next to the bed, but thankfully didn't use it.

Today, I have bloating, though not gas. I still have abdominal pain (it feels like sore muscles), and queasiness on and off. I also have terrible pain in my lower back, and a little bit in my buttocks. It hurts my back to the point of crying when I bend forward or backward, or even try to stand/sit up straight. I feel best curled up in bed, and it REALLY hurts when I try to sit or stand, or especially walk.

Please help, because I am at a complete loss! What is wrong with me??? Am I going to die!?! At this point, it hurts so much (and I still HAD to come into work) that I kind of think I'd feel better if I just died. :-(

Okay, okay, I know I'm not going to "die." I just would really like others' thoughts on this.... is it food poisoning or something else?

i would say its food poisoning
my housemate had the exactly same symptoms last year & it was a bad case of food poisoning

I have these exact same symptoms, were you able to figure out what you had? Did you have to take meds?