Hello everyone, I am 34 years old, I am 6'3.5" tall and weigh 250lbs. I have been heavy since childhood. I am asthmatic and have been since before I can remember. At my heaviest I was 415lbs at 18/19 years old. I lost weight with diet and behavior modification. I am limited on my exercising due to my asthma. I am still trying to lose weight, but having a great deal of difficulty. Several years ago while in college I began to experience a fluttering feeling in my chest, which usually makes me feel nauseous. I went to the Dr. and after an EKG was told that it was a stress induced premature ventricular return. He said it should go away. I still have issues with this, but have started having chest pains over the last 2 or 3 months. I am a light smoker and still overweight. I am currently laid off with no insurance. I am once again dealing with the stress of being unemployed and job's are scarce. My chest pains are recurring pretty well daily for a week or so now. I usually have multiple episodes daily. They most always begin with a sharp stabbing pain in my left ribcage. It feels like like it radiates out to just below my armpit. It is then followed by a cramp like sensation in my chest that lasts from a few seconds to even minutes. Both of my grandmothers died of massive heart attacks in their 60's. My Dad had his first heart attack at 40, and died at age 50 of a heart attack. I have also been having almost chronic heartburn and indigestion since the chest pains began. I have been eating tums by the handful to keep it under control. Could this be warning signs of an impending heart attack or maybe something more minor? As I have no insurance I can't afford to go to the ER, for them to tell it's nothing and send me home with a several thousand dollar bill to pay off.

Since you are in difficult situation with job, money and everything I understand that more bills is just too much right now, but still keep in mind the fact that your life is worth more than debt. If you notice any change in your condition from what it is now think about saving your life first. But, I don’t think that things are as bad as they might be now. If you change your lifestyle you will avoid the worst. Heart problems cause more of a pressure, heavy chest pain so chances are that this sharp stabbing pain in your left ribcage has a lot to do with your other organs, stomach, gallbladder or liver. Try to completely change what you eat for some time – nothing fatty, sugary, and fried. Keep your meals very small, but you can eat them more often. And at least walk for hour or two a day – it doesn’t have to be fast. Anxiety definitely brings a lot to this, maybe concentrating on changing your habits now that you have the opportunity is good thing.