Whenever i try to run, i always get pain in both of my feet. Actually, my foot starts to ache after i run. While i'm running, i can't feel it. The pain is located on bottom of my foot on the lateral side, just opposite from the arch. According to the picture below, the pain is coming from the later plantar fascia, right about where the arrow is pointing at. It also seems to be swollen right now.

I've tried several different shoes with the same result. I'm actually on my fourth pair of shoes since the beginning of the summer. I'm tired of explaining to the cashier that the shoe doesn't fit and that it hurts my feet. They're going to start recording my credit card number soon.. :| ..

Does anyone have any ideas on what might be the problem and how to fix it? Could orthotics fix this problem?

Boy, this sounds similiar to my foot pain problem, check out the health and wellness forum for those posts. I'm pretty sure mine was a bruised foot (since a stress fracture was ruled out)

But did this come on suddenly? How much were you running on your feet? Have you been to the doctor yet? I'd recommend seeing a doc, and do the Xrays and maybe MRI or bone scan. You could have stress fractures in your feet.

What do you do after a run? Do you ice your feet down? I have been icing my foot down after each run regardless of the fact that the foot seems to be just fine now.

Good luck!

I am sure someone will jump in and scream Stress Facture soon, but I would look at your legs too. Look here for more info.

Hey, thanks for all the help. I checked out the link that Running Brewer posted. I'm going to try stretching out my calves and see if that helps.

But anyway, i'm going to the doctor to see if it's more serious than just tight calves because i iced it down and it's still swollen.

RB, I have been doing much more stretching of the legs and calves since my injury. The painfree e-book has been helpful.

I don't think that Julstro can fix everything but it sure does help with an aweful lot of pains. I have helped my mom with her carpel tunnel and my ex with her tennis elbow. IT is well work the cost of the book! IMHO

This condition sounds serious, you may need to see a doctor about it. If you don't and continue to run with this pain, it may get worse and you won't be able to run for a longer period of time than you expect..

Trail Running Blog

It's tough to tell what the problem is without seeing your exact stride.

It sounds like you may be an underpronator as you are landing on the lateral side of your foot, causing the excessive stress.

Underpronators need a cushioned shoe that helps their foot roll inwards (pronate) and cushion their foot fall.

Here are reviews of a couple of the best underpronating shoes on the market:

Hope these suggestions help with your foot pain. Best of luck!