Hi I am currently 20 years old and while I was doing Some stretching exercises for the foreskin, I was able to retract it so that the head was visible. Although I was excited that my foreskin was able to retract, I found that there was this tight band restricting anymore retraction and there was also a swollen lump directly under it. I was able to pull back my foreskin over the penis head and all this happened while I was not erected. So please tell me, do I have paraphimosis.

Hi guest,

You have paraphimosis. 

At 20, I'd suggest you see a urologist.   Normally you should be able to retract your foreskin by about 16 or so.  Stretching can help, but you have a lot of "catching up" to do.  There are steroid creams (prescription) that can help skin growth. 

Don't get your foreskin stuck.  If you do, you WILL need to go to the ER.  It is a medical emergency.

Good luck.

Paraphimosis means that the foreskin remains stuck behind the head of the penis and cannot be pulled back to its original position. This problem generally requires medical attention, as it can restrict blood flow to the head of the penis and cause long-term damage. If you can replace your foreskin, you do not have paraphimosis. The lump underneath could be swelling due to pulling back the skin, so it’s a good idea to move carefully, and see a doctor if you have any pain. You might consider using a penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil) to help maintain the elasticity and tone of your foreskin as you work to retract it fully.

No, you do not have paraphimosis unless your foreskin is stuck behind the head and you can't bring it forward.

The tight band is the frenulum. i think you may have frenulum breve.

That piece of skin at the bottom of the glans is called the frenulum. It is normal and it is supposed to be there. The frenulum serves to limit the rearward travel of the foreskin.

If your foreskin bunches up behind the head when you retract you most likely have a short frenulum (frenulum breve). Test it by pulling back on the foreskin. If the head of your penis bends down when you pull back your foreskin, you have frenulum breve.

You can stretch the frenulum manually just like you do your foreskin. That is the best course of action if the frenulum is too short to permit your foreskin to retract.

There also is a minor operation to relieve the frenulum, called frenuloplasty and another called frenectomy. One of these might be necessary, if the stretching does not work. Urologists do this.

Don’t let anyone sell you a circumcision. Circumcision is NOT necessary to treat this condition.

Hi Guest:

If your foreskin is forward over the head in its normal position where it covers and protects the head, then you do NOT have paraphimosis.

Paraphimosis is the name of the condition of a retracted foreskin that is stuck behind the glans penis (head) of the penis and will not go forward. One can read about paraphimosis on the Internet.

If the foreskin is tight enough it can cut off blood circulation to the head and cause edema (swelling due to fluid accumulation). Paraphimosis should be promptly reduced when it occurs. Paraphimosis may be reduced by squeezing the head of the penis really hard to force the blood to leave the head. This will temporarily reduce the size of the head at which time the foreskin may be brought forward.

If attempts to reduce the paraphimosis are unsuccessful, then one should go to the emergency room of a nearby hospital. It is not necessary or advisable to be circumcised although some old-fashioned doctors are likely to recommend it.

You should stretch your foreskin to make it wider so that it does not get stuck again.

When your penis is erect, gently pull your foreskin back against the head of the penis. As the head attempts to pass through the foreskin it will stretch the skin a little. Do this every day and in a few weeks or months your foreskin will widen and you will be able to retract your foreskin. Do NOT force retraction. Do NOT cause yourself pain.

It works by tissue expansion. Stretching skin induces “mitosis” which is a word that means “division of cells”. New skin cells are formed and the skin expands but it takes some time. The increase in size is permanent. Be patient and give mitosis time to work.

The important thing is to put the skin under tension every day so that it will grow wider.

Search the Internet for:

“How to Fix Phimosis and Tight Foreskins, Solutions That Work”

and you will find the information and support you need.