I fell about 14 feet ,landing on my feet on concrete,and fractured both heel bones and talus.Did not operate as while their were multiple fractures,everything was pretty much where it needed to be,except for being smushed. I would really appreciate info on the course of recovery. I am scheduled to move from casts to walking casts 10 weeks after injury. Would appreciate suggestions about which CAM cast to get-- high or low, adjustable air bladder or not. Brand? Also recommendations re nutrition, compression bandages,etc. I assume that with both heels broken it may be difficult to walk without a walker? How long should I expect to use a walker and the walking casts? What shoes ,orthotics ,etc are recommended or to be avoided? How do you tell the difference between good (rehabilitating) and bad (causing re-injury) pain? When is it possible to drive a car?

I would love to hear from other folk who have dealt with having both feet fractured.

Many thanks!

Glad your hip was not affected ! Several cases of depuy hip recal were defective because of malfunction procedures of their device. That's why they are advised to take necessary actions or to look for a hip lawyer to solver there cases.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** 

I fell from about the same height and shattered both heels as well about 14 weeks ago. I notice your post was two years old. I Have been doing physical therapy for a little over a month and I was just wondering how your recovery went. Any advice you can give would be much appreciated.

Hey, I was on holiday in june last year and i fell 65 feet from a clifftop and extremely lucky to still be here!!, fractured both my heels, one was a compound fracture wich got operated on and wound closed, both my heels were in that many pieces they couldnt do ought to place back together and left them to set as they were. I also fractured my pelvis and my hip and two bones in my back. I had to get two screws in my hip[due to hip operation my right leg is now an inch shorter than the other] and had an external fixator holding my pelvis together wich i had to lay in hospital bed for 12 weeks and was barely allowed to move. 9 months on and through a lot of physio/hydropherapy and sheer determination i am now able to walk without any aids, have amazed doctors and stuff with my progress! i feel i have come a long way but still a long way to go yet regaining my strenght and stuff, my feet are always still pretty sore soon after i start to walk but been told theyre will probably always be pain, I am due to go back into hospital in next 6 weeks to get some bone shave from one of my heels but told recovery should only take 2-3 weeks to let the wound heal. I hope your physical has been going well and you have progressed well.

hi guys i shattered both heels 15 years ago same deal spent 4 weeks in hospital for swelling to go down 1 was in 15 pieces the other over 50 they put them back the best they could when i started putting weight on them it was 30 seconds 1 year later had the fused all i can tell you is it gets to a point where it tops off at getting better and starts to get worst as you gain weight you arent as active your muscles are weaker all i can say guys the only time iam not in pain is when i sleep or take a hot bath good luck guys if i can answer any of your questions i will dave