I went to the podiatrist today about 3 problems with my feet. I was told I need orthotics which I figured as much. Massive pain which i always thought was plantar fasciits. He didn't say. The icing and the stretches over several months years ago only contributed to the pain and made it worse. I completely stopped doing that and pain subsided to beareable after about 3 years and now its back with a vengance. The other 2 problems are 1, skin under my toenails connects too far above my toe onto my nail and has done this since I was a kid. I was prescribed som kind of gel but way to expensive even with insurance almost $60 a month. 2nd problem is my horribly cracked heels. That prescription almost $80 with insurance and I asked both the doc's office and Pharmicist if anything over the counter close to those prescriptions and they said there isn't. The prescription for my heel was a foam but again didn't get the name. My heels hurt so bad sometimes from the cracks and am unable to bear filing or using anykind of tool/instrument to buff the cracks out the pain is just too intense. I even tried cutting the skin away with nail clippers and just couldnt bear it. The podiatrist gave me those 2 prescriptions due to the fact I can't bear the pain. Does anyone have any solution for my problem. I was even given a prescription cream for a month which i applied 2 times a day but heels no better than before. i've tried soaking my feet and putting lotion on them month after m onth with socks before bed and still no better. If anyone can please tell me of any solution to this problem without having to file or cut down the skin on them because the pain to do that is quite unbearable, that would be most appreciated. Thanks so much. Oh weird the orthotics are covered 100% but a little container of foam is almost $80. Go figure.

I am so sorry about your foot problems. When your feet hurt it affects your attitude and activities. they have "booties" or slippers that have a lining that does not absorb creams or lotions. You can apply that expensive foam on clean feet slip your feet into the booties and even sleep in them..your foam will be absorbed into your feet not into cotton socks. These booties were made for the sole purpose of keeping heels and feet soft and moisturized. I hope this info will be helpful.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Hi. I once had such severe dry and cracked feet that the cracks sometimes bled. After trying so many prescription products my pharmacist recommended a foot cream called Nixsi. Having nothing to lose I gave it a go and it worked a miracle. They started looking good in less than a week and now I can actually walk in flip flops on holiday and in the summer without feeling embarrassed. The pharmacy I got this from was in London, UK. I have seen the product on ebay and they also sell it on their website ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed. Hope this helps.