I am having bunion and hammertoe surgery on both feet at the same time, has anyone done this? How hard is recovery. Pain, etc? I had knee replacement 4 yrs. ago piece of cake. I am hearing a lot of negative comments on doing both feet same time. Have to wear boots on both feet also. How hard to get around? Any insight would be helpful! Thank you.

I was wondering if you've gone thru with your surgeries yet?  I had bunion surgery along with 3 hammertoes repaired on my right foot and i'll have my left foot done in a few days.  I originally wanted both done at the same time but my doctor advised me to wait for two weeks for my left foot.  Please let me know how your doing.  Hope all is well.

Thanks

I just had hammertoe surgery (2nd toe of each foot) on Thu., April 5, 2012. The worst days for pain were Thursday night and all day Friday. Saturday and today have been slowly but progressively better. I just switched from Rx pain meds to ibuprofen. Elevation and ice packs are a must! I'm using a wheeled computer chair to scoot around the house to minimize walking/weight on the feet. This has made things a lot easier.

Wow! I also used my office chair. I'm approaching my fourth week now. I had my rt foot done 2 weeks ahead of my left foot. Two hammertoes and a buion on each. Thank God my healing is going well thanks to some all natural vitamins. Not too much pain but I'm tired of ice. I've started physical therapy on week 3 which was a must. Thanks for the feedback. Keep me posted. God Bless

I am in same situation having both feet done.My waiting time right now is up to three years , if I am waiting that long I will do both .6 months recovery is bewtter at one time then wait another year or more to do that again. NO THANKS!!!! I am anxious to walk pain free

Hi Bernice: I am having my left foot bunion and 3 hammertoes done soon....when I can decide on one or two feet.
My right food is much less work than the leftbut I see the same deformities beginning.
What is "Waiting time is up to three years"?

How would you get around if 2 feet were done?
Thanks for any hints.

Linda